JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally got my CHL in the mail after a long 7 month process! Wow it's took a while but I'm glad to finally have my Oregon concealed handgun license. I've always been responsible with firearms but this brings a completely new level of responsibility. I plan on getting a USCCA membership; I plan on doing some training and also take some classes. Best of luck to anybody still waiting on their CHL! I just got mine today and I completed it in October.

Welcome to the next level.

When my kids asked about carrying concealed, here's what I told them.

Find a holster and belt that will work for you. Each person is different. I like Alien Gear Cloak Tuck and Slide Belts.

Once you have your gear, with a completely unloaded pistol with magazine out, practice wearing, drawing and holstering your pistol.

Get snap caps and practice drawing and trigger pulls.

Learn to completely field strip the pistol. The more comfortable you are with it, the less you'll fidget.

Congratulations.

Welcome to the next level.

When my kids asked about carrying concealed, here's what I told them.

Find a holster and belt that will work for you. Each person is different. I like Alien Gear Cloak Tuck and Slide Belts.

Once you have your gear, with a completely unloaded pistol with magazine out, practice wearing, drawing and holstering your pistol.

Get snap caps and practice drawing and trigger pulls.

Learn to completely field strip the pistol. The more comfortable you are with it, the less you'll fidget.

Congratulations.

Thank you sound advice!

Do you have the 3.0 or 3.5?

I have the original as well as the Cloak Tuck 3.0 for IWB. I bought the shape shift to try out.

The 3.5 looks interesting. It wasn't out the last time I was looking for another holster. I haven't used the shell exchange because I've just added to my rotation.

Last Edited:
I am wanting to renew mine now before who knows what but the WASHCO office is closed until Jan 19th. Instruction block says to mail it in with a $50 check.

ETA on when I'd likely get my mother may I pass?

Congratulations
I go in for my interview in late February.
How long did it take after your interview?
2- 2 1/2 months they're kinda far behind. I just got mine today and I finished my application in October and just approved and processed within the last week. Just be patient you can always contact them via email to figure out the status of your application.

Congratulations! must be a great feeling. it's great that you have recognized the importance and responsibility of learning how to do this wisely through class/training.

i was cleaning files a few months back and shredded a stack of approved WA CCW/CPL applications I had which started to accumulate shortly after I graduated high school. :) Seattle may smell like an armpit but I thank God for the state preemption regarding firearms and what has been written into our constitution (much to the dismay of the democrats).

cpl.JPG

Last Edited:
Congratulations! must be a great feeling. it's great that you have recognized the importance and responsibility of learning how to do this wisely through class/training.

i was cleaning files a few months back and shredded a stack of approved WA CCW/CPL applications beginning shortly after I graduated high school. :) Seattle may smell like an armpit but I thank God for the state preemption regarding firearms and what has been written into our constitution (much to the dismay of the democrats).

View attachment 804724
That's awesome and yes thank god! I'm in Oregon but similar situations. I'm glad Oregon has not completed buckled to the Democrats heel. Nobody wants to be the next California or New York!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top