JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't complain too much about Portland, I still have to wait until the end of August for my appointment. I hope it won't be another six weeks after that to get the actual permit.

Congratulations on getting your CHL. What are you going to carry?

I've had my CHL in several states. Glock 23/27 have served well, although tonight I was wearing cargo shorts and a t shirt so took my J frame Smith. I'm back in OR where I belong so don't plan on moving again.

Any suggestions for a Washington State resident who camps in Oregon to get a non resident license? Thanks in advance.

Don't go to Multnomah County. Since you're out of state, you're free to go wherever you choose. Mutlnomah Sheriff's have decided to stop processing out of state applications. Might I suggest Washington County?

I got my out of state (I live in Vancouver) permit through Multnomah Co.
It only took a week or two, from initial contact, to receiving it in the mail.
Of course, this was well before the current PANIC!

Any suggestions for a Washington State resident who camps in Oregon to get a non resident license? Thanks in advance.

The Grant County Sheriff in Canyon City Oregon is very agreeable. In fact I think he may hold a non-resident CHL event next month where you can get your one hour class, prints, photo, BGC and walk out with your license all at once.

Sheriff Glenn E. Palmer
541-575-1131

I sent my info to Multnomah County in mid April and got an appointment for early July. I called Columbia County and was told they set up at the Clatskanie PD on the first Friday of every month for out of staters. About a three hour wait last Friday, but should have it within a few weeks. Believe they also do one day a month in Vernonia, only requirement is that you work in or travel through Columbia County on a regular basis.

just had my appointment last Wednesday for my background check in multnomah county. turned in my application at the end of january. now im just waiting on my card to come. not excited to hear that it can be up to 6 weeks. ive waited long enough.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top