JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Luckily I was home today when the Fed-Ex guy showed up with my Colt!

I sent it back to Colt last February for a upgraded Ed Brown grip and Ambi safety. It's been a long wait but it was worth it!

The picture is a little rough since I used my phone but it gives you an idea. It's good to have her back, my Ivory grips were feeling lonely

8d41495c005b33a7562b7b55269e4be5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I got my first Gold Cup on Halloween, you may remember it as I believe you posted a question on the thread. Gonna shoot it and a bunch of other guns Sunday, pretty geeked!

xc0npz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's really the only game in town. If I would take the pistol to a local smith the value would diminish. Taking it to Colt actually increases the value for the most part.

Ah Colt Gold Cup National Match Series 70 was the gun I used in Bulls Eye NRA matches a long, long time ago. Still have that somewhere in the gun safe. Worth big money I bet in today's market.

I like your too, slick pistol to be sure.

Yeah it's really the only game in town. If I would take the pistol to a local smith the value would diminish. Taking it to Colt actually increases the value for the most part.

Because there are no big name 1911 smiths out there who couldn't do a GS/TS install in under a year. Pretty much the minute you touch a Colt you lose collector draw. Being all original is what make collector pieces hard to find, not that someone had work done to clean it up. Beautiful work and gun but that's a horrendous lead time.

The lead time means nothing to me because I have plenty of other handguns including other 1911's to shoot in the meantime. I sent a Wilson Combat into CCR last year for a Cera-coat job and that took 10 months to get back to me also. Any "Big Name" custom shop is going to have a long lead time there's no way around it. If you want to have a local no-name smith work on your 1911 that's fine, the lead time is short. Colt tossed in a basic action job, adjust extractor, polished feed ramp and tuned the mags i purchased for free because it took longer than expected so overall I'm happy with the outcome. I guess if this was my go-to pistol the 9 month lead time would bother me but that's not the case. I own plenty of Colt 1911's and from basic experience if you want work done to it it's best to have the factory do it. I can easily sell this handgun tomorrow for more than I paid for it. The safety work was $180 and the action job they performed is valued around $150 or so, I'm pleased with the outcome overall. If this was some vintage series 70 pistol yes I'd try to keep it all original but its just a dime a dozen Gold Cup so keeping it stock means little to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top