JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shipped my AR off to Bushmaster for some repair work. I had perfect timing seeing as how my shipment ended up in the middle of then transferring everything from one warehouse to another. Two months later I get my AR back. It's been so long it's like it's my first AR :) haha.

I had them replace the raised carbon upper, which was chipping, with the carbon flat-top upper. It seems they did some updated of the materials used. The composite feels different, better, and they also added a dust cover and forward assist, not available on the version I had. They also threw in a standard Bushmaster hard case for free, plus all the work and new upper were all covered under the warranty. Overall I am very happy, now I just need new rear sights. Also just out of curiosity, can I remove the front sight? It appears to be held in place by two pins, but they look like have "heads" on them on both sides, is this normal?

TIA.

bushmaster uses 1/8" dowel pins, as i recall. use a 3/32nd punch. i'd punch them from driver's side to passenger, just to be sure. if they're 2/0 tapers, driving them the wrong direction will just drive them in deeper and ruin the pins.

why do you want to take it off?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top