Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Got my .45 Osprey! Now what?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by chemist, Dec 28, 2012.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

It took exactly one week shy of six months for my Form 4 to come back, and boy am I ready for a .45 can. I've got three hosts, a Glock 36, a Glock 21, and a Mech-Tech carbine upper on a Glock 21, all threaded and ready to go.
    View attachment 51203
    But how am I going to carry this G21+can around the property? The Hogue Powerspeed Universal holster would work, since it's front-break:
    Hogue PowerSpeed Universal Speed Holster fits Full Size Semi-Automatic
    but it's belt-mounted, so the darn thing would hang down below fingertip length. Is there a shoulder holster that would fit it? With its 6.6" LWD barrel, it really is a monster at 14" of barrel length.

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

I got to look at my future Osprey last weekend - it was lighter than I expected but I have a long wait ahead of me.

That barrel looks to be about an inch too long. The length issue is always a pain with suppressors. I usually just put them on when I get to where I am shooting and then take them off when letting them cool down.

It will be interesting to see what others do.

3. chemist

I deliberately bought the longest one that LWD had for the G21, to get the extra pressure reduction before the slug crowns. It also adds a few percent to the muzzle velocity, especially when shooting +P. Really, the aiming/carrying difference between 12½" and 14" is not enough to forgo the potential benefits.

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

You will also find that can works great on a lot of 9mm pistols also; also subsonic 300blk ARs, if you are so inclined.

5. chemist

Right-o. Any pistol round small enough to fit should be okay, although it would look "interesting" to hang that can off my PPK!

6. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

thats a LONG barrel. I have one thats a bit short for a g21 and threaded

7. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

8. chemist

Gnarly lookin' little mother, that one. I'm surprised that those forward rails don't count as a grip, making it an AOW.