JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had some concerns from this recent transplant from the People's Republic of California, regarding obtaining y Oregon Carry Permit. I knew it wouldn't be the hassle it is in California, but I didn't see that I would benefit all that much by sitting through another training and then proving proficiency with my weapons - probably the trainer would benefit ($) but, from what I've seen these classes seem to be the same mostly.

I can pass on the fact, as opposed to random musings from those who like me weren't certain, that when one presents at the Josephine County Sheriffs office with a valid and current California Concealed Carry Permit, it does indeed count as your experience with weapons, education in the classroom, and must count for some major background checks since I had my hard copy Oregon permit four days after wiping ink off my fingers in my mailbox.

Note: I did wait to apply until I had lived in the state the 3 months - since that seemed to be the general consensus for residency (also I was too busy unpacking).

Now, I'm like what appears to be every third person on the street in this great state: Armed and exercising my legal right to bear arms.

Just thought I'd share.

As a native Californian, now an Oregonian for 14 years, I can assure you we're light years ahead of California, but we have our issues too. If we could just figure out a way to give all of Multnomah County to Washington we'd be fine.

Josephine County needs all the armed citizens it can get due to the fact the LEOs are spread so few and far between the people of the cities and county!

We visited Grants Pass recently and it was strange seeing a business with a lot full of "Security" vehicles with top lights and spot lights, like police cars.

Mike

No, no! I meant Washington DC!:rolleyes:

I was going to say.....

We in Clark county don't even want to pay for a bridge to Multnomah county ! Let alone take the county off your hands.

You keep Portland, Oregonians...

:D

And OP....

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest !

One of the best decisions I have made in my life was to pack up the Penske with my wife and child , and leave that cesspool.

I don't even want to go back to visit.

I was going to say.....

We in Clark county don't even want to pay for a bridge to Multnomah county ! Let alone take the county off your hands.

You keep Portland, Oregonians...

:D

And OP....

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest !

One of the best decisions I have made in my life was to pack up the Penske with my wife and child , and leave that cesspool.

I don't even want to go back to visit.
But you sure shop and work down here. Cry me a bridge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top