JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello '

'Is your daddy home?' he asked.

' Yes,' whispered the small voice.
May I talk with him?'

The child whispered, 'No.'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' 'Yes'

'May I talk with her?' A gain the small voice whispered, 'No'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

'Yes , ' whispered the child, 'a policeman . '

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

'No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

'Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

'A helicopter' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.Again, whispering, the child answered,

' The search team just landed a helicopter'

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

'ME . '

My guess is if this were a true story that child's butt would be pretty sore right now. I know if it had been my son it would be because that happened to us once. My wife was shopping in Macy's in Minneapolis when our son was about 4 years old. She took her eye off him for a second and all of a sudden he was gone. She was freaked out calling for him and notified store security when she heard him giggling from inside one of those circular racks of clothes. She pulled him out and tanned his butt right there in the store. Needless to say, he never pulled any of that crap again.

When I used to do the 1000 table gun shows at the expo in Portland as a Custom Knifemaker I had my son with me by age 5 he was so used to being at shows and so mature I just clipped a FM walkie talkie on his belt and told him not to leave the building.

One show maybe the second or third one I did this. He wandered off like he did to trade for cheap pocket knives or some toy he wanted. I got distracted by a couple sales and chatty customers. When I tried to reach him via the radio I couldn't get him

I kind of paniced a little and quickly covered my table asking the couple behind me to keep an eye out for Phil and to watch my table

I took off heading for the front door figuring that the radio had run out of range going to the far end of the building.

Sure enough I get about 100 ft from the front of the room and there I see him on a table talking with the security gaurd that was at the Gun check in table.

I figure they found him wandering around and he had the same problem as I did the radio wouldn't reach

NOPE he wandered up there on his rounds and got into a conversation with the security guard about some pocket knife he had traded some poor fool out of.

he had never even tried to get a hold of me and wanted to know why I wasn't back at the table selling knives like I was supposed to.

I told him I was worried cause I couldn't get him on the radio......his comment well I don't see what your worried about I never left the building!!!

Next show I got some stronger radios. And told him he had to check in more often. We went to at least one if not two gun shows or knife shows or State Fairs or Art shows a month. I never worried about him wandering off he knew the rules. He made friends that still ask me about him and he's been in the US NAVY for over 8 years already.

To funny pokerace! We were visited by friends one evening when their son came up missing!
As we live in a very remote location, it was all hands on deck as we all fanned out in a quick methodical search of the area.
After running through all the various hiding spots, I moved into the house for a look to see if perhaps he was asleep in my "papa's" room, but to no avail.
Keep in mind that we had all been hollering for him quite loudly and there is no doubt in my mind that he heard us, when I spied a pair of shoes attached to a set of short little legs, hiding under the dinner table that had a long table cloth on it.
I walked around the table and lifted the cloth and what do I see? A bag of Mc. Donald's that my wife had brought home and that little Jr. had found,,, short a few fries.
I didn't disturb his feast, I went and let his much worried folks know that he had been found. You should have seen his face when his 6'6'' dad walked up and got down on his hands knees and crawled under and brought the little "hamburgler" out by the britches. Priceless! Needless to say, he didnt do that again, but that's the look that keeps on giving!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top