JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand about people being too sensitive nowadays but he possibly took it as an insult to his wife rather than a joke about Arkansas (ie personal insult to his family not just general joke).

Disrespecting someone's wife may result in much worse than getting fired so I would tread lightly in that area. Once a contractor disrespected my wife and I fired him that second. It was a very big and expensive job too. He probably thought it was a joke also, I don't know. That's just an area you don't go to, like ever.
YEP! You do not EVER disrespect another workers Wife or ask a female if she is pregnant. Guy I used to work with did this years ago. Gal had been gone for a while. She comes back having put on some weight. She gets in elevator with him, he looks and says, "oh you are pregnant". To which she says no, just got fat. VERY uncomfortable ride in elevator. Guy was telling me she still gave him trouble about it years later. I told him he could expect it would never go away. He asked me haven't you ever asked a woman if she was pregnant? I said NO. Unless she told me first I NEVER would ask that. I don't care if she is on the floor in labor you do not ask.

All around it seems a sense of humor is a thing of the past. Jesus, good thing my dad isn't here anymore to,
<<<<<<---------- see how things have become.

Is this going to mean that we Oregonians should become downright Indignant! when the topic of webbed fingers and toes come up?

All around it seems a sense of humor is a thing of the past. Jesus, good thing my dad isn't here anymore to,
<<<<<<---------- see how things have become.

Is this going to mean that we Oregonians should become downright Indignant! when the topic of webbed fingers and toes come up?
I would recommend for aquintences and anyone u are unsure of to just steer clear of the known topics that could trigger the "waiting for an opportunity to be offended" types. If you know the person then that's different of course. That is the reality of today. Just my opinion...

I would recommend for aquintences and anyone u are unsure of to just steer clear of the known topics that could trigger the "waiting for an opportunity to be offended" types. If you know the person then that's different of course. That is the reality of today. Just my opinion...
I don't disagree. The "Waiting to be Offended's" population have exploded in recent years. Simple, non-offensive humor, will just get a blank stare from many these days.

YES. Most people who let their mouth get them in hot water just don't "think". I have a VERY dark "sense of humor". Just ask the Mods here. :s0140:
At work I have through age learned to stay out of trouble. Being around death all the time many of us have a dark humor that we use to deal with it but, we are careful who we share with. When someone new comes along you have to make sure they share your idea of "humor" before you start. Have one gal I work with now who is openly gay. After I got to know her she is one hell of a lot of fun to work with and LOVES dark humor. I made it clear to her one day that if any of us step over the line to just say something. None of us would be bothered. She laughed and made it clear she loves sharing with us. Now of course when she first got hired we were careful to make sure first before we just acted like we all knew her. In this world of PC, WOKE, people just have to not crash in filter off from the start.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top