Got dinged with the State of Washington

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by Fishjager, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Fishjager

Fishjager
    North of Seattle

I reported my crab catch last year via internet. I did not write down the confirmation number. So, when I renewed this year they charged $10.00 extra for not reporting. I guess what I am saying keep track of all your dealings with WDFW they tend to loose things also.:huh:

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony

I used to get that kind of crap in Arizona all the time myself,
    Twice a year or so I would get a bill from the state saying I had not reported or paid this or that months sales tax. Funny thing is the state always had an exact total that I owed. When I looked up in my records of course I had paid the amount, that was where the state had "gotten" the total amount from. I was also charged $40.00 late fee on my property taxes even though I had the Postmaster hand cancel that envelope and I know it arrived on time. Now I pay the extra and send the money Certified Mail, Return Receipt everytime, that seems to fix the whole problem.

3. The B

The B
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

if something sits on somebody's desk too long, who should get in trouble over it? "too many of these, and i could get scolded... i'll just mark here that he didn't report/paid late/etc. nobody ever fights these things."

4. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel
    Keizer, oregon

Well thats why they give you a confirmation #, You have one # to keep track off. They haqve Thousands.........

5. USMC1911

USMC1911
    Salem

Not that its there job or anything.

6. kev766

kev766
    Western Washington

+1

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2
    Hillsboro, OR

That's why I always send my Fed and State taxes in via Certified Mail return receipt requested. I got dinged for a late fee one year by the Feds and I know darn well I got my returns in the mail on time, but with the IRS you're guilty unless you can prove you're innocent.

8. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony

One year I was late in mailing my taxes in, I was so wasted I came to the conclusion that I could bribe the postman to postdate my package on time, if I only put enough $1 stamps on the envelope, I wound up putting a couple of dollar bills on the envelope too, stuck on w/ the $1 stamps. I received a note from the IRS with a stern warning to not mail money to them in the future, and crediting my account the 2 one dollar bills. No late fee either

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2
    Hillsboro, OR

Whoa dude! Was in that place at one time in my life, (college), hope you're past that now. Not judgin'. Just sayin'.

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony

Yeah, it is hard to keep up that kinda party pace for too long