JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
_nc_ohc=xLfIf6BzrbcAX-2I0JQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Interesting enough, I found that by pouring tiki torch citronella oil into a sprayer and hosing down the lawn areas and deck areas keeps the mowskweetoes away....especially when surrounded by crops being irrigated 24/7 like we are.
That's a good idea. In Arizona, I lived next to a farm for a bit - clouds of the damn blood suckers moving around like locusts.

Surrounded my small balcony with pots of citronella grass and grew basil, mint, rosemary, and oregano. It was probably all the grass, but they did well at keeping the death cloud away from my section of balcony.

Have any tansy growing around you? You can take the flowers and steep in some water for about an hour and use in spray bottle on grass and plants to repel them. We used to just take the whole plant and bend it in half and hang it around. Not good to have around if you have cattle or horses that can get to a bunch of it but can also grow it in flower beds as a repellent.

Been a strange year this one ( Thanks K8), we got flies all over the place, and we NEVER get more then a few! I found these fly traps at ACE hardware that really draw them in and kill them, lasts about a month or so, and has really done a fantastic job!

I'm gonna wait until I have Covid, then go outside and allow mosquitoes to bite me. According to Dr. Fau-Chi, the entire world mosquito population should be wiped out in 2 years max.

I used bug spray as a kid when camping but somehow it always ended up getting on my hands and on my eating utensils so everything tasted like deet. Now I go without because I'd rather have malaria

Interesting enough, I found that by pouring tiki torch citronella oil into a sprayer and hosing down the lawn areas and deck areas keeps the mowskweetoes away....especially when surrounded by crops being irrigated 24/7 like we are.
Mom always had a bunch of the plants around outside hangout spots, they work well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top