JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost anyone this applies to is already required to do this by virtue of their FFL or pawnbroker license. This law is basically nothing new.

If you want a conspiracy, how about this? If the purpose of "Insta-Check" via the firearms unit is to make sure legally disqualified individuals don't purchase a firearm, then why do they read off the make, model, caliber and serial number of the individual firearm each time? Where does that data go? It's not the firearm that's a convicted felon, it's the person they're checking isn't it?

Almost anyone this applies to is already required to do this by virtue of their FFL or pawnbroker license. This law is basically nothing new.

If you want a conspiracy, how about this? If the purpose of "Insta-Check" via the firearms unit is to make sure legally disqualified individuals don't purchase a firearm, then why do they read off the make, model, caliber and serial number of the individual firearm each time? Where does that data go? It's not the firearm that's a convicted felon, it's the person they're checking isn't it?

As much as it disturbs me too, it's to run the numbers against the stolen guns list.

As much as it disturbs me too, it's to run the numbers against the stolen guns list.

So, Keith's is running the serial number of the Glock 19 they received from Glock Inc to make sure it's not stolen?

Here is my logic - the only people with access to InstaCheck or whatever it's called are those with dealer FFLs. Those with dealer FFLs are required to maintain a firearm acquisition record and run a gun for stolen when they receive it. So a month later when they're selling it, did it become stolen in the meantime?

good point above & crossed my mind aswell
Not only do they not need the guns serial # but why does the seller need to be present at the ffl, why doesnt the buyer simply need to be checked
maybe they want to register all parties involved with guns?....say it aint so

You know SB 315 is really bad because it is supported by that evil gun grabbing group... the Oregon Firearms Federation :p

SB 315 Provides that used firearm transfer register may be electronic or manual.
(Support)
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/2015-gun-bills

It helps to actually read the bills before getting all bent out of shape. That way you don't waste time getting upset about and complaining about something that you should be supporting. Be sure of the target before pulling the trigger.

I didn't start out being bent all out of shape. The gun grabbers did this to me!:confused:

So I guess this just allows two convenient methods to document/register the Transfer Law imposed on us?

I guess if it's good enough for OFF then I'm on board with it!

Thanks BSG 75 for stopping me from going off on an unnecessary rant.:oops:

I don't think that an FFL would ever use electronic recording of firearm sales. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the ATF require that the FFL log everything in a bound book, so they can't alter their records? Last I checked, it's pretty easy to alter electronic records...

Oregon law already requires that a copy of the 4473 for all gun sales be sent to the local LEO. This is nothing new.

1.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Today we were able to put the brakes on SB 315, a bill that requires gun dealers and pawnshops to share info with the Feds about used guns they have taken into their inventory. The original intention of this bill was to allow gun stores and pawn shops who acquire used firearms to report those acquisitions to local police via email rather than regular mail, as is now mandated.

The existing law makes no sense. Police make no use of this info currently and police departments we have spoken to did not even know the law existed. Some pawn shops and gun dealers we spoke to also had no idea this was existing statute. The statute is pointless and outdated and the better answer to amending this law is to simply repeal it. We have requested that this be done. The bill was not moved out of committee, but is by no means dead.

Tomorrow, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be hearing 3 bills.

The one of interest to most gun owners is HB 3093. This is a very limited reciprocity bill and, as you might expect, already has the anti-gunners in a complete tizzy. They are trotting out the same tired, disproven and comical lies about blood running in the streets if people from other states are allowed to carry firearms here.

The bill requires the exact same requirements of non residents to carry as we have here in Oregon. The anti-gunner's arguments are, of course, hysterical nonsense.

We believe this bill may be used as a vehicle to add provisions to the recently passed universal gun owner registration bill, SB 941. We'll know tomorrow.

There are MANY deals being proposed behind the scenes on gun legislation and we are not done yet by a long shot.

We'll keep you informed.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads