JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yah! Went to my FFL and picked up my new Romanian PSL. Ordered it last week from aimsurplus for a total of $720 shipped. First impressions was kind of dissapointing, fit and finish was pretty crude and bad, the action is fairly stiff and unsmooth. But I don't care, its a Romanian gun. I've been spoiled playing with Chicom AK's and SKS's. Going to the range tomorrow to test this bad boy out!

Finally I can put to use with all those spam can 54r's collecting dust.

3882066079_be52a0c79e.jpg

3882065865_f2ab2fa1bf.jpg

and with my norinco

3882065975_e4426e408d.jpg

Be careful of what ammo you shoot with your PSL. The heavier bullets were meant for the PKM, RPK and the Mosian Nagant and are harmful to your rifle and possibly you.

147 grain Silver tip from Chezc is ideal. Stay away from the Yellow tip Heavy Ball ammo.

SF-

I had one and found that it NEVER failed to function. Accuracy was a bit disappointing, but I play with lots of precision rifles, so anything over 1 inch at 100 yards is disappointing if it wears an optical sight.

But in all fairness, after considering what the weapon's designers wanted from the system, I decided that the weapon does precisely what the designer wanted it to do. Therefore, it is a success as a weapon. It wan't designed to be a "sniper" or "precision" rifle. It was designed to extend the range of the rifle squad...it wasn't designed as a precision sniper rifle.

With all that in mind, I shot it, and enjoyed it until I wanted something else more...then I traded it off.

But it did get me thinking about what various weapons were designed to do, not what I hope they will do. If the weapon successfully fulfills all the goals the weapons designer intended, then it is a success. Just because I want it to do something it wasn't designed to do, is no reason to fault the weapon system.

I had one and found that it NEVER failed to function. Accuracy was a bit disappointing, but I play with lots of precision rifles, so anything over 1 inch at 100 yards is disappointing if it wears an optical sight.

But in all fairness, after considering what the weapon's designers wanted from the system, I decided that the weapon does precisely what the designer wanted it to do. Therefore, it is a success as a weapon. It wan't designed to be a "sniper" or "precision" rifle. It was designed to extend the range of the rifle squad...it wasn't designed as a precision sniper rifle.

With all that in mind, I shot it, and enjoyed it until I wanted something else more...then I traded it off.

But it did get me thinking about what various weapons were designed to do, not what I hope they will do. If the weapon successfully fulfills all the goals the weapons designer intended, then it is a success. Just because I want it to do something it wasn't designed to do, is no reason to fault the weapon system.

This is really something to think about

I like mine very much. 1974 receiver with a 1975 scope, the flash hider is removable (some are welded) and a bayonet will lock onto the bayo' lug (but it looks a bit silly, so it doesn't stay there for long :) ). The rear portion of the stock doesn't fit the rifle all that well and the trigger was gravelly until I smoothed off the heat treat finish. From all of the reviews I've read, Red Star's adjustable trigger is a supreme improvement over the stock unit, smoothed out or not. For my taste, the supplied 4x TIP-2 scope, although cool looking, is a bit wanting in the magnification department, so I'll be getting a Kalinka 8x42 soon. Overall though, it is a sweet little rifle as-is and I expect you'll enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Keith

I got my second PSL-54C and immediately set out to change the trigger, stock, and sighting. #1 can stay OEM, but #2 is up for a remake.
I found that AK triggers work just fine (TAPCO G-2 Double Hook) with a bit of gunsmithing (filing the second forward notch, and raising the trigger body bottom left edge up to clear the reciever). An AK trigger lock plate fit perfect. I have Remington 700-esqe let off and pull.
<broken link removed>

3882066079_be52a0c79e.jpg

3882065865_f2ab2fa1bf.jpg

and with my norinco

3882065975_e4426e408d.jpg

Looks like Ya done good! I got one last March I've since spent about 600 rounds and haven't had a gripe yet. I was also a bit disappointing at the over all surface appearance of the rifle but I was able to refinish the whole thing in about three days. Congratulations on a great rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top