JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got the Pearce grip for my SR1911 Commander and my wife's SR1911 Gov't Model. it goes under the normal grips so you don't lose the beauty of them but do can some nice rubber and finger indents which help with a firmer, nicer grip. I like it.

SR1911CommanderWithPearceGrip.jpg

I didn't think you were actually serious. LOL

I see your ad. But there isn't any way I would part with my 1911 for an XDs, especially since I have an XDs already. But I do wish you luck as they are nice.

Hahaha, no worries, the wife didn't like the recoil of the XDs. Personally, I didn't find it to be uncomfortable. She was shooting my Glock 23 and 357 Blackhawk without problems, but the quicker recoil of the small .45 was a bit much for her. Limp wrist, jams, got hit in the head with brass, then she developed a flinch. So.... I've always wanted a Ruger SR1911 :)

So.... I've always wanted a Ruger SR1911 :)

My wife liked my full size SR1911 better than the Commander. So she has that one. We sold her Shield to get me the Commander. Sportsman's Warehouse had a full size for $699 when we looked. But then we took a chance and went up to Gun Broker Clackamas and found the Commander hanging on the wall. Took me only a matter of seconds to say - I want that one. So I can recommend either the full size or Commander.

My wife liked my full size SR1911 better than the Commander. So she has that one. We sold her Shield to get me the Commander. Sportsman's Warehouse had a full size for $699 when we looked. But then we took a chance and went up to Gun Broker Clackamas and found the Commander hanging on the wall. Took me only a matter of seconds to say - I want that one. So I can recommend either the full size or Commander.

Does she do purse carry? If so, do you have a purse recommendation?

Does she do purse carry? If so, do you have a purse recommendation?

She does, but it is a real generic purse. I don't even know what it is. I can try looking. But the gun takes up most of the room. In fact I've been trying to convince her to go with something else.

She does, but it is a real generic purse. I don't even know what it is. I can try looking. But the gun takes up most of the room. In fact I've been trying to convince her to go with something else.

Hahaha, thanks. I've been trying to find one for the wife, no such luck so far. Does she carry it cocked and locked in a bag?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top