Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Got a new PWS Piston MK116

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Kellen, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Kellen

Kellen Boise, ID Member

Well kind of. Since Primary Weapons Systems is a local Boise operation, I stopped in to buy a stripped lower becuase I wanted Boise, ID stamped on my rifle. The guys there Stacey and Todd were super nice and let me play with the guns they had laying around. When all was said and done, I walked out with a stripped lower Serial # 000005 and a complete 16" piston upper, enhanced buffer tube, spikes buffer and Magpul BAD Lever. This thing is sexy. It came with the FSC556 and the BCM Gunfighter charging handle which I was buying anyway to put on my build. My parts from DSG came in today which consist of a Daniels Defense LPK, Magpul MOE Buttstock, Moe Grip and AFG2. I'm going to assemble it tonight and will post pics once it's done. Can't wait to get it to the range.

2. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

Stacey and Todd were at an LMS Defense carbine course I went to back in February. Very good guys. :thumbup:

3. kLewis

kLewis Beaverton, OR Active Member

Any update? I've been looking at their rifles, and would love a range report on it! Nice buy! :D

4. Kellen

Kellen Boise, ID Member

I'll post some pics tonight. Haven't taken it out to the range. I have some Troy iron sights on the way and haven't bought optics yet. I'll definitely give you a report though. I have a friend here in Bosie who has had the opportunity to shoot many of the their rifles including the 7" Diablo Auto. I'll try and get him on here to tell you what he thinks.

Kellen

5. kLewis

kLewis Beaverton, OR Active Member

Sounds great! For reference, I've fired an AK in 7.62x39, an AR in 5.56, and a SCAR 5.56, so I've had a little experience with DI/Short Stroke/Long Stroke. Just wondering where the PWS system comes out among them as far as recoil impulse, shot-to-shot recovery, etc. Looks like a great system! :D

6. kusosama

kusosama Redmond New Member

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but was curious how you're liking your PWS after a couple years of possible use? I'm debating between DI (with LaRue 18" OBR) or GP (PWS MK116).

7. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

Also, this thread is useless without pictures. I am thinking about getting one of their Mk116 .300 BLK uppers.

8. kusosama

kusosama Redmond New Member

Is .300 gonna be supported by most high producing round manufacturers? That's my worry they won't.

Guess it depends on the military's adoption.