JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
..... I work with CAD/CAM and CNC machines doing in house work for an injection molding body jewelry company, which of course would be in Portland. Anyway, I built my first AR about 6 months ago from an 80% lower, which was just too easy to finish on a CNC mill with the proper CAD drawings.

A few months later I got bored and found a CAD drawing of a glock mag 9mm lower, and wound up doing the CAM operations to cut it out of a solid chunk of billet, it seemed to work ok, so I altered a milspec upper CAD file into a slick side upper, and added all the CAM to cut that from a billet as well.

I decided to keep the raw aluminum finish (clear anodizing kinda ruined the polish, but thats just what happens), and round out the build with as many raw parts as I can, along with a stainless barrel and comp. Just waiting for somebody to stock a KVP 9mm BCG so I can go test fire it!

and just to be clear, this is no way meant to be a tactical life saver, more of a test to see if I could actually do it. My roomate thinks I robbed a T1000...

Enjoy!

fEYniAH.jpg
E3zBwKV.jpg
5pEQrXd.jpg
nqVrsLV.jpg
IlFB6iu.jpg
b4p4Fby.jpg
b8S4iHz.jpg

Alright, I'll admit it. I hate you, and I'm envious at the same time. That's an awesome resource you have available. If you haven't checked out some of the ultralight folding rifles that Ecco Machine on YouTube makes, get on it.

Last Edited:
thanks guys, I kinda surprised myself with how well this came out. I didn't go to school for this, and I'm still learning as I go, but all I mill at work are 6061 aluminum molds for injection molding, so I have a really good idea of what I can and can't do with it. My boss is also a great guy who encourages me to learn new things on the software and mills whenever I can.

I am slightly concerned with the upper being 6061 instead of 7075, but I'll be keeping an eye on it for any unusual wear or deformation after each time out shooting. Worst case, I have to buy some 7075 billet and do another one.

I'll give you guys an update once I get the bolt and put some rounds through it.

also, its 26.25" long with the blade secured where it is, so I should be good to add a forward vertical grip. I think I'll look into how keymod stuff interfaces (only other rifle is m-lok), and copy that Venom Defense pistol grip design.

also, its 26.25" long with the blade secured where it is, so I should be good to add a forward vertical grip. I think I'll look into how keymod stuff interfaces (only other rifle is m-lok), and copy that Venom Defense pistol grip design.
My understanding is that you can't put a VFG on a pistol regardless of the overall length. That doesn't look like a 16" barrel. With the Blade on it I'm assuming it's not an SBR. Am I missing something?

My understanding is that you can't put a VFG on a pistol regardless of the overall length. That doesn't look like a 16" barrel. With the Blade on it I'm assuming it's not an SBR. Am I missing something?

A pistol with an OAL of 26" or more is in a grey area, not a handgun type pistol, but a 'firearm'... look at question 2 Can you add a vertical fore-grip to an AR pistol?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top