JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
----- Opposing Views: Got a Gender Gap Problem? Push for Gun Restrictions

"Recent stories and surveys have highlighted the apparent narrowing of the “gender gap,” which used to give Democratic candidates a significant percentage of the votes from women."

I do find this slightly funny, being how the dems were against women having the right to vote.

"Women voters’ desires for tighter restrictions don’t stop there. Seventy three percent of women (and 63 percent of men) supported registration and licensing of gun owners. Seventy percent of women (60 percent of men) supported restrictions on military-style assault weapons). Sixty seven percent of women (63 percent of men) supported a waiting period of five days for handgun sales. And, 60 percent of women (46 percent of men) supported limiting the number of guns that can be bought at one time."

I don't buy their numbers.

"According to Lake Research Partners, the gender gap on whether allowing guns to be openly carried in public makes people feel more or less safe “is one of the largest divides seen on current issues.”

And I believe it's more to do with money and our economy.
I have heard very little about guns this year, I have heard a lot about jobs and making it through the year with out foreclosure and bankruptcy.

I don't think that's a poll you can trust.
The following is from the polling company's website here:
<broken link removed>
No Really, We're Different

Lake Research Partners is a national public opinion and political strategy research firm founded by Celinda Lake in 1995. The firm quickly expanded to become Lake Snell Perry Mermin and Associates, and in 2005 continued to grow through a merger with Decision Research. Our principals are leading information and political campaign strategists, serving as tacticians and senior advisors to a wide range of advocacy groups, labor unions, non-profits, government agencies, companies and foundations, as well as dozens of elected officials at all levels of the electoral process. The firm is national in scope, with offices in Washington, DC, New York, and California, and senior staff located in Washington, Oregon, and Virginia.

Lake Research Partners is committed to walking it like we talk it.

We're a woman-owned business with a commitment to diversity. We have a strong client screen built upon our core values, working only for pro-choice candidates, clients with whom our labor friends can work, and good corporate citizens. Check our competitors' client lists &#8211; you'll find many cannot say the same.<snip>.

Most of all, we're a firm of true believers &#8211; each one of us feels privileged to work with our clients to advance progressive ideals &#8211; it's the primary &#8216;intangible' benefit of Lake Research Partners. Many peers told Founder Celinda Lake in 1995 that building a firm with a progressive values client base wasn't economically viable for a new business. Fourteen years later, we're still at it, and still proud of every project we've done.

Employment and internship opportunities.
Bold emphasis mine.
So, when they say "each one of us feels privileged to work with our clients to advance progressive ideals." I think that means you can't trust their numbers.

Especially when gun ownership rights and carry laws are at stake.

Celinda Lake
President

"Follow Celinda's postings on The Huffington Post, and friend Celinda on Facebook."

bio_celinda.jpg

Nuff said...

Of course.
But when you put yourself, your lifestyle and your agenda out in the public, you have to be prepared for scrutiny.
If someone doesn't care for you/your looks/agenda etc., you better have thicker skin than average.

Of course.
But when you put yourself, your lifestyle and your agenda out in the public, you have to be prepared for scrutiny.
If someone doesn't care for you/your looks/agenda etc., you better have thicker skin than average.

I agree, but insulting a person's looks or their sexual orientation is not part of the equation when it comes to civility. People are born the way they are and those who use insults like those that were posted lack not only civility, but any understanding of it. :(

I agree, but insulting a person's looks or their sexual orientation is not part of the equation when it comes to civility. People are born the way they are and those who use insults like those that were posted lack not only civility, but any understanding of it. :(

Is it possible that a persons looks/orientation could put them into a social group that is more likely to be in the anti-gun camp? If you answered yes then it is part of their own personal equation not an equation that any outside observer labeled them with. Or in short even though sometimes the truth seems bigoted it doesn't necessarily mean it's not the truth.

BTW my post that started all this was meant to highlight that the woman is a contributor to Huffington post which shows that she is biased to the left and didn't question her sexuality.

I'll go along with you on the insulting someone's looks,... If someone is ugly, like me, it may be hurtful to say so about them in public.
But calling a lesbian a lesbian isn't, nor should it be an insult. After all, most lesbians self identify as such.
So if you care to explain how that becomes an insult, I'll listen(read).

So there's no arguing about the civility of what was said, other than someone that expressed his feelings about her appearance, which is totally subjective.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I'll bet you have said worse about Sarah Palin, most liberals have. And I'll bet you have even less than "subjectivity" to fall back on for an explanation as to why you said it.

I'll bet you have said worse about Sarah Palin, most liberals have. And I'll bet you have even less than "subjectivity" to fall back on for an explanation as to why you said it.

The only thing I have said about Sarah Palin is that I don't think she is qualified to hold a national office. I also think she is an opportunist and that's why she resigned as governor of Alaska. She saw the opportunity to makes truck loads of money! I have never insulted her looks or her intelligence. :)

PS,
I did laugh when she said she could see Russia from Alaska and I did that because that was an unrelated answer to the question she was asked!

Hmmm...looks like she's not following First Lady Obama's Healthy Foods Initiative.

Keith

We're coming into winter, and bears will do what bears do. :s0155:

... and yes, I read the entire thread... don't give a rip, until NPR reporters wishing someone on the right (and his grandkids) gets AIDS from a transfusion is condemned by a certain soapbox lefty who's pullin' out the "civility card".

Now where'd my sweatshirt with, "suck it" printed on the front of it go?... :D

So,:D:D:D is this a start of a "civil" war?:s0112::s0112:

People have allways descriminated over looks because looks can be changed. However when it comes to liberals gun hatred you can't fix stupid.

jj

Guys,

What's essential about this thread isn't the bovine features of the woman behind the polling company ... it's the fact that this article disguises it's 'progressive' DNA quite well. Kudo's to Trlsmn for exposing this! It's hard to find anything it the media about guns and gun control that doesn't have an left wing agenda squarely behind it.

After reading the article ... loved all the Pro 2A comments, including this quote:

"Gun control is the belief that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow morally superior to one explaining to the police how that dead rapist got a fatal bullet wound."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top