JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last summer the gophers went wild and I have been trapping them every time I see a new burrow pop up. Yesterday I finally trapped the one that I have been trying to capture for quite a while . This gopher had the biggest tunnel I have seen and the gopher was huge. Almost big enough to ride it seems. Anyway in 2011 my wife brought home a libtard dog. I have been showing him gophers every time I trap one but he just sniffs it and licks it. So since the gopher was so big I gutted and skinned it and the moron dog still didn't eat the guts or the body. Which leads me to ask has anybody eaten gopher? I tossed the body before I thought about eating it. The meat is real red no tumors etc. and when I cut open the stomach it had green mush in it . Well duh Gophers are vegetarian . So are they good to eat?

Phosphene gas pellets can be bought from good farm chem suppliers and when put in the holes activate from the moisture in the soil to permeate the tunnels.
Off label use but is most effective.
Takes a chem class/permit to buy though. Another thing that helps is spray with a good broadleaf weed killer and dry up their main food attraction. They will move elsewhere.

Handle with care !
Do not breath fumes.

<broken link removed>

Last summer the gophers went wild and I have been trapping them every time I see a new burrow pop up. Yesterday I finally trapped the one that I have been trying to capture for quite a while . This gopher had the biggest tunnel I have seen and the gopher was huge. Almost big enough to ride it seems. Anyway in 2011 my wife brought home a libtard dog. I have been showing him gophers every time I trap one but he just sniffs it and licks it. So since the gopher was so big I gutted and skinned it and the moron dog still didn't eat the guts or the body. Which leads me to ask has anybody eaten gopher? I tossed the body before I thought about eating it. The meat is real red no tumors etc. and when I cut open the stomach it had green mush in it . Well duh Gophers are vegetarian . So are they good to eat?

Here are a couple of recipes: https://sites.google.com/site/valleypocketgophers/home/cooking-the-gopher-harvest

If the economy gets much worse, they will probably be a first rate source of protein in a few years. Bon appetit!

My 12ga 870 and gophers love ea other have blew about 40 out of the ground in the last 4 yrs pretty much gone except the neighbors don't exterminate so they encroch once in a while but the 870 is always ready to do it think. Got to trap the mole cause you can't get them to stick there heads up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top