JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Primary results reveal weakness among leaders, not voters; Why this is critical to gun rights

"Tuesday’s primary results, including the shocker victory in Delaware’s Republican Senate primary by conservative Christine O’Donnell over the GOP’s anointed pick, Rep. Michael Castle – an anti-gun “moderate” that many believe is a Republican In Name Only (RINO) – have the so-called “experts” in fits...

"...One will hear much about “conventional wisdom” over the next several days, an indication that “conventional” may translate to parochial elitism, and there’s not much “wisdom” in that..."

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

I have to say that for many years I was a single issue voter, but no more. Some of these people who are on the extreme far right are scary as are people on the far left! Most issues, apart from the Constitution and The Bill of rights, are not simply black and white. Those who espouse no or little government are on the same plane as anti-gunners who think taking our firearms away will create a utopia. We must think all the issues through from both sides of the fence BEFORE we vote for someone.:)

I have to say that for many years I was a single issue voter, but no more. Some of these people who are on the extreme far right are scary as are people on the far left! Most issues, apart from the Constitution and The Bill of rights, are not simply black and white. Those who espouse no or little government are on the same plane as anti-gunners who think taking our firearms away will create a utopia. We must think all the issues through from both sides of the fence BEFORE we vote for someone.:)

Well, that may be true, but voting for politicians who will consistently cast their votes against your gun rights is a sure way to lose those rights, no matter what the Supreme Court has done over the past two years.

I never believe all of the vitriol about how "extreme" someone is until they get a chance to prove it. There's a reason for that.

Back when I was on the NRA Board, people branded me an extremist merely for defending gun rights. I suddenly wanted to put machine guns in the hands of convicted felons. I didn't care if children were killed in accidents. I was okay with reckless firearms handling, yada yada yada.

Now, I happen to know me pretty well, and I think I'd remember saying I wanted criminals to have machine guns, and that I didn't give a rip about dead kids.

Even now anti gunners who dislike my screed accuse me of being nuts. So, I don't put much stock in accusations of extremism.

I've come to realize that people who negatively accuse others of being, "this" or "that" with a view to diminishing them (the accused) for whatever reason are usually the epitome of the very accusation they (the accuser) are making... because they are WELL PRACTICED EXPERTS at it in the first place.

As far as extremism to the left and the right... "statist" to the "extreme" left, "anarchist" to the "extreme" right, with varying shades/intensities commensurate to the "scale"... I find myself firmly ensconced to the right of center.... I have little personal tolerance for those of either extreme, is that too "extreme" for you?

There's an old adage (modified by me); somewhere AROUND the middle of this mess lies the truth! :D

You always hear about the "RADICAL RIGHT" in America and their "FANATICAL" actions. This is a typical smear tactic by Liberals.
But, who are the Radical Right? Well, back in the beginning of America until the 1960's, today's Radical Right was MAIN STREAM AMERICA!!! What has happened is that America took a far Left path after the 1950's that dragged the so-called political center way over to the left. So, in a nutshell, todays Radical Right are yesterday's Moderate Center. Do we have a better country today?

The left is anti gun. Keep voting for lefties and not only will you lose your gun rights but your freedom to.

jj

The left is anti gun. Keep voting for lefties and not only will you lose your gun rights but your freedom to.

jj

Only SOME of the "Left" is anti-gun. NOT ALL, and not any majority. Very few follow any "party platform" closely. The Left is not a homogenous group, and there are also plenty of Right-wingers who ARE anti-gun. It is ridiculous to take pride in ignorance and exclude everybody on the "other" side without even knowing where they stand. All politicians are individuals and need to be squeezed to state clearly where they stand on this crucial issue. We have friends and allies on both sides...................................elsullo :cool:

jj

Not all people who are considered to be on the "left" are anti-gun! That perception stereotypes people which is just as bad as saying all people on the "right" are "nut cases" or anarchists. We have become so polarized in this country that it has become almost impossible to talk to each other and LISTEN to each other!:s0131:

Rivverrat:

There is a fundamental disconnect with gun owners on the left that I've come to understand over the years, and please don't be offended. It's nothing personal.

These gun owners on the left VOTE for candidates on the left, sometimes on the far looney left, and the consequences of that is what we've lived with the past 40 some years. Gun control initiative after gun control initiative, supported and passed into law by these same leftist politicians put into office with the help of gun owners on the left.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners are good people, but leftist politicians and their leftist backers don't seem to grasp that, so they push legislation that treats gun owners like criminals.

These same leftist politicians adopt and pass tax packages that take money out of out pockets and put it into someone else's. That's OUR money, WE earned it, and it should be OUR decision how it is spent.

The left wants a nanny state, while most of us are happy with the United States. They typically want to regulate our gun ownership, we want them to leave us and our guns alone.

They worry about what kinds of guns we have, how they are stored, and how many we have. We say it's none of their business and certainly none of the government's business.

They think government is the answer to our problems. We understand that government IS the problem.

It just seems that gun owners on the left seem to not understand this or they are just a little hypocritical, okr maybe a little of both, with a little denial tossed in there.

I proudly declare myself a single issue voter: Smaller Government!
Small Government does not have time or inclination to regulate firearms.
Small Government costs less and leaves me more of my money to buy
said firearms with.
Small Government does not have a military industrial complex and therefore
values honest citizens as an essential element in homeland defence.

I would like to vote on other things like business friendly attitudes, social
justice, and sound support for the bill of rights and the constitution. If they
can show me how they do that and be pro RKBA we have a deal. Until then,
no matter what party they are from, they are not worthy of support.

-sbc

Not all people who are considered to be on the "left" are anti-gun! That perception stereotypes people which is just as bad as saying all people on the "right" are "nut cases" or anarchists. We have become so polarized in this country that it has become almost impossible to talk to each other and LISTEN to each other!:s0131:

The left polarized the nation with all kinds of dirty politics. Look at the way the left attacks Palin, typical of the left.. Before you can listen and understand what others say you have to know where you stand. The left is for gun controls, I have seen it all my life.

jj

My late brother-in-law ALWAYS voted for Leftists. I once asked him:
"You are against abortion.
"You are against the hemmorhaging growth of government.
"You like having firearms and he is anti-gun.
"You like to hunt and he is against hunting.
"You don't want more tax increases and that is what he plans to do.
"So, why do you vote for him?"
Answer: "Because he's a Democrat!"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews