JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
tenor.gif

If Grassley-Cruz is the compromise (enforce the existing laws to keep guns away from prohibited possessors who are actually dangerous) that's one thing. But more likely a bunch of R's are going to vote for practically-meaningless "gun free zone" policies and bans

Of course. In the years since the AWB sunset, not one pro2A bill has been successfully brought out of committee :(

Only National Reciprocity and Hearing Protection Act as far as we know have been proposed and continually died in committee but I do not know of any other bill where the proposal is to repeal NFA 1934, GCA1968, Hughes Amendment on FOPA1986...

The GOP have consistently paid only lip service and don't have the backbone to actually press the issues against the Anti-Gunners in both sides of the Aisle.

Toomey/Manchin or Grassley/Cruz could likely see light-of-day again. Toomey/Manchin probably has the best chance of moving forward. If it does, any Dem that votes against it becomes an easier target as a gun grabber. In failed states like CA, CT, NY, and MD it won't matter much, but in states that are still very much in play for a national consciousness, we could see a repeat of the congressional swing after the 94 "Crime Bill."

Only National Reciprocity and Hearing Protection Act as far as we know have been proposed and continually died in committee

Reciprocity (H.R. 38) passed the House. Then was killed in the Senate by McConnell (R), at a time when the Republicans had the House, Senate, and White House. The then POTUS had a campaign promise of signing said into law.

Of course. In the years since the AWB sunset, not one pro2A bill has been successfully brought out of committee :(

Only National Reciprocity and Hearing Protection Act as far as we know have been proposed and continually died in committee but I do not know of any other bill where the proposal is to repeal NFA 1934, GCA1968, Hughes Amendment on FOPA1986...

The GOP have consistently paid only lip service and don't have the backbone to actually press the issues against the Anti-Gunners in both sides of the Aisle.

If people wanna talk about "loopholes" (gunshow, internet, etc., you know, those ones that don't exist), they should start by looking at the legislative branch's processes. You shouldn't be able to kill a bill in committee by plugging your ears and pretending it doesn't exist. Can you imagine if that's how we all treated work at our jobs?

I wonder if Dems will push back against prosecuting people for lying on their 4473's since it means Joe's boy Hunter could go to prison (see article in today's news about him lying to get his .38.)

Grassley/Cruz has been reintroduced, I do believe. This is a great video of Cruz destroying the gun control debate, Democrats in general and Blumenthal is particular.

You know, when someone says their side destroyed the other side, I have to sigh; because then I see the other side say their side destroyed the opposition and that the opposition is full of bubblegum.

It is all about what people want to believe and their perceptions - i.e., they hear what they want to hear. Not saying Cruz did or did not make good points - I did not even listen to the vid - I am saying that the people for gun control just won't listen.

1e1699f3997b3eb4a10141022479f273.jpg

I wonder if Dems will push back against prosecuting people for lying on their 4473's since it means Joe's boy Hunter could go to prison (see article in today's news about him lying to get his .38.)
Yup, Hunter lies on the 4473 and remains a free man, laws are for we, not for thee...

You guys do realize these pieces of legislation just reiterate the same things we say all the time. You know "enforce existing laws". As it sits now, no one is taking responsibility for the investigation and prosecution of people trying to buy guns illegally. These bills aren't gun control, they are enforcement mandates.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top