JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well if you break any other federal law you lose your gun rights but let's make an exception only for marijuana because it makes people millions? Stop settling and making exceptions for certain classes. How about no loss of second amendment rights. No more compromise. Enforce the gun laws we have. Until marijuana is legal in feds you risk it it you lose your biscuit. You aren't special.

Well if you break any other federal law you lose your gun rights but let's make an exception only for marijuana because it makes people millions? Stop settling and making exceptions for certain classes. How about no loss of second amendment rights. No more compromise. Enforce the gun laws we have. Until marijuana is legal in feds you risk it it you lose your biscuit. You aren't special.
Ideally we repeal the racist prohibition on Marijuana at the federal level and stop trying to regulate what consenting adults do privately, but if you're using a legal substance you shouldn't be forced to lose your second amendment rights.

Ideally we repeal the racist prohibition on Marijuana at the federal level and stop trying to regulate what consenting adults do privately, but if you're using a legal substance you shouldn't be forced to lose your second amendment rights.
Ideally we repeal the racist, classist prohibition of "unlicensed ownership" of certain firearms, and repeal/revoke the EO on imports of certain arms; repeal the racist Prohibited Persons Class of citizenry, and stop the revolving doors of prisons.

While I appreciate the sentiment regarding regulation overall, what the F-all does MJ law have to do with racism??

Rrrrrright....... Our Govt hard at work.

Aloha, Mark

Racist?

Last Edited:
While I appreciate the sentiment regarding regulation overall, what the F-all does MJ law have to do with racism??
There were a couple reasons it was originally criminalized federally, one was that it's derivative, Hemp, was a threat to the timber industry. The other was that blacks and Mexicans would smoke it and get sex crazed and rape anything with eyes. Edit: this was the stated reason. Not an accurate one.
I posted about this bill yesterday. My opinion is that while it should be legalized federally, and, equally as important, removed from the list of schedule 1 drugs, this bill is a good and reasonable start.

Last Edited:
There were a couple reasons it was originally criminalized federally, one was that it's derivative, Hemp, was a threat to the timber industry. The other was that blacks and Mexicans would smoke it and get sex crazed and rape anything with eyes.
Thanks - I guess I should have been more clear in my grumblings.

I meant, in 2021, how is MJ regulation racist?

"We" use RACE as the divisive term when I believe it is more accurate to say CLASS or SOCIAL STRATA.

IMHO

Peace

Thanks - I guess I should have been more clear in my grumblings.

I meant, in 2021, how is MJ regulation racist?

"We" use RACE as the divisive term when I believe it is more accurate to say CLASS or SOCIAL STRATA.

IMHO

Peace
BIPOC people are disproportionately arrested and convicted for drug offenses and also tend to get harsher penalties for similar offenses.

BIPOC people are disproportionately arrested and convicted for drug offenses and also tend to get harsher penalties for similar offenses.
I would stipulate that to be the case.

My point is ALL laws are disproportionately (or not;)) applied to POC.

The racism, if it exists, lies in the application of the law.

The law does not read, 'Interrogate and arrest only those people of color'.

But again, I am splitting hairs about words - the operation and effect of the laws being unevenly applied is how we get here. Along with a VERY healthy dose of media bias.

Cheers!

Rrrrright.......

Institutional Racism at all the levels of the US Govt.

Aloha, Mark

It has nothing to do with institutional racism. The current justice system comes with an incredible amount of discretion. The cop can choose to issue a warning or ignore something altogether or they can arrest you.

The DA can choose to prosecute your case, can choose to go for maximums, or can offer to let you plea down. Hell, they can let you go.

The judge can determine your sentence lengths.

At any point in the step, a single individual's decisions can drastically affect outcomes. It's not hard to see how the 1/1000 racist cop/da/judge can have a fairly drastic affect overall. Obviously, a bad judge is worse than a bad DA is worse than a bad cop.

But, what's worse than all of those? Bad laws.

Frankly, I'm consistently surprised at how many in the R party have a grudge against drug users. What people do in their own home is no one's, least of all the government's, business.

You're NOT entirely wrong.

Minor law or not however......it's one of the common excuses ("institutional racism") used by those who are caught.

Indeed.....it's NOT MY FAULT.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I feel that pot was considered such a hardcore drug for so long. Note that it is legal, I don't see it as any different than alcohol.

I find it ironic that you can get belligerently drunk, day after day, and keep your second amendment rights. Yet you look at a pot leaf, and you're the biggest freaking criminal if you own a gun.

Funny thing is, I highly doubt that every gun owners in the state of Oregon, doesn't use put in some way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top