JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
zG5p87OVWgo5iNyDMsQIopR3K5A5cX2fLxzQ=w1204-h903-no.jpg
After removing garbage.

Last Edited:
See the garbage people leave for others to pick up ? :mad: Happy to say most went home with me and my friend, we always pick it up, along with all the shot gun hulls. It's a great place close to Salem to be able to shoot.
IMG_20190815_091406.jpg

Gooseneck Creek Shooting area

Go West from Salem on Hwy 22W to Gooseneck Creek Rd – turn left

Drive 3 miles on Gooseneck Creek Rd then turn left on Gooseneck Rd

Go 1 mile down Gooseneck Rd to sign on right, this is the beginning of the area you can shoot at

You can shoot anywhere after this point. Make sure you know what's behind where your shooting and clean up after yourselves.

10/25/2019 they are preparing to do some logging in the area so watch out for trucks

20191024_100527.jpg

20191024_110914.jpg
Where we shot yesterday. Net stops the flying brass and tarp makes picking it up easy. we shoot into homemade boolit traps to recover and reuse our lead.

I was up there on Sunday and the road to the right is closed due to logging.
So I went straight and found good pistol spots.

I was up there on Sunday and the road to the right is closed due to logging.
So I went straight and found good pistol spots.
Confirmed, was just there today. The road to the right had yellow caution tape that was pulled down, but a little further down there was/is a big CAT bucket loader blocking the road. Going straight proved to be the best option for pistols, but nothing that was really safe for rifles, as the "lanes" were a little too close to the road for comfort.

Thank you, everyone, for posting this spot. My friend and I had a great time up there. Most spots we passed seemed relatively cleaned up, and we ended up packing out 2 garbage bags worth of trash and targets from the spot we found. We'll definitely be coming back here again.
20191103_130421.jpg

Last Edited:
I shoot in that area quite often, I always grab a smallish box at Brandt's recycling, attach targets & drop the box back at Brandt's on my way home. There is a place to get around 400-500 yds. just need a steel gong, which I have. Anybody wanna help hang that gong?

When I take my kids I explain why we have to clean up more than we take up. They understood if we don't they won't have a place to take there kids when there older.

I hope people advertising this spot on this site didn't contribute to it getting shut down!
I would hope the people on this site to be more respectful than that. I just don't get how people leave their trash. If you had a way to bring it up there, you have a way to bring it back. Everyone wants to eat but nobody will do the dishes.

It never was clos
Does anyone know if Gooseneck is still closed t
Does anyone know if Gooseneck is still closed to all shooting?

Thank you
Gooseneck was never closed, only the 1st rd to the right is closed for logging or the like. Go straight past the kiosk & stock pile (rock) there are a few places up there to shoot. Please be a safe & clean shooter, follow the rules.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.