JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To all those that enjoy shooting in the gooseneck and gold creek areas on BLM lands, we need to keep this place clean. I have been using this area for years now and recently it has been getting trashed. Trees are being shot to the point that they fall, trash/glass strewn about and shells left everywhere.

THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR has to stop or this area will be gated!!

This is one of the last areas near Salem that is not gated and where you have access BLM lands. If you enjoy using this area join me in spreading the word and self policing this area as best you can.

This is some of what concerns me!

To all those that enjoy shooting in the gooseneck and gold creek areas on BLM lands, we need to keep this place clean. I have been using this area for years now and recently it has been getting trashed. Trees are being shot to the point that they fall, trash/glass strewn about and shells left everywhere.

THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR has to stop or this area will be gated!!

This is one of the last areas near Salem that is not gated and where you have access BLM lands. If you enjoy using this area join me in spreading the word and self policing this area as best you can.

photo (2).JPG

photo (1).JPG

I went up there for the first time this summer and I was appalled at what I saw. The level of trash and litter was incredible. The only thing that can be done is to continually clean up after these slobs. When you go shooting you have to plan on taking out more then you brought in. We do a lot of shooting at paper targets, but also at stuff you don't have to do a lot of picking up after like grapefruit and pineapple and coconuts. They're fun to watch.

If anyone decided to pitch in and help cleanup the gooseneck road area, I will get you trash disposed of. If you are able to bag trash, spent shells or anything of any size and pile it next to the road, I will have it picked up. No cost to you for dump fees, just send me a message and it will be gone!

Kevin

I grew up here as a young boy during the 60s and 70s and we would often venture up the BLM for shooting and hiking. Still owning property on Gooseneck Creek Road we continue to enjoy our favorite shooting spots at the higher, more reclusive elevations. We always pick up after ourselves and always leave the places better than we find them. I've noticed increased patrolling of the area by Oregon State Police; the officers are always fun to chat with and have interesting insight and information.

Respect this place, be grateful and thankful as it is a very special place. I would really hate seeing it gated off as they did Mill Creek Road.

Thanks for the topic and I look forward to hearing you in the hills!

So, the OP mentioned something to the effect of near Salem; now I see that this area is above Sheridan, 10-4.

I'm not that far away (a couple miles as a crow flies, 20 min by truck), and I would go help with the clean-up. if somebody would send me an address, a coordinates or a reference point, I'd go.

I too appreciate this thread, and any such thread. Thanks!

Id like to head up there this weekend 2/3 or 2/4 do a little plinking and cleaning. How's the road this time of year. I don't have 4wd. Don't want to waste my time driving out there if I can't make it up the hill, or get stuck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I found Gooseneck road today; I drove in and picked up some brass & some trash. Somebody left a white-face steer's head at one of the lower shooting berms (after the fork), it startled me.... I couldn't tell if it was stolen & slaughtered or somebody just dumped it there.

There were a lot of people shooting & enjoying themselves all over the area. I ended up at the snow-level. The first spot on the left didn't have a backdrop and I can't believe anyone would even consider shooting there.

Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended), and I am definitely going back during the week to do some clean-ups this year.

That's where my wife and I usually go and we always bring back way more than we take. I hate that there are so many savages in this world that the few responsible ones of us have to make up for the rest of people...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top