JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so got this scope out to the range and the results were good but not overwhelming. Maybe with time and a better load.

What I noticed:
  • The scope is clear and the reticle is very visible.
  • The illumination is overwhelmed by daylight, for it to really help you are going to need really lower light conditions.
  • The First Focal Plane design is brilliant. This worked exactly as I had hoped. The center dot was EXACTLY half the size of the 1/2" bullseye on the 100 yard target. Precisely perfect to range find with.
  • When you are working on your shot it is very hard to focus on the clear target and the clear crosshairs. One is in perfect focus in your eye or the other. Much like shooting iron sights in that regard. This bugs me, but I think this is just a fact of optics.
  • The stadia lines are AMAZINGLY accurate and helpful. I shot a group and it was on the edge of the target. I could see that it was 5 (.5 moa) lines to the left and 1 line high which translated exactly to 20 clicks windage and 4 clicks elevation to dead bulls eye. (That kind of thrilled me...)
Conclusion:
I like the scope plenty. I probably need to work with it a lot more to say I love it. But I think that is coming. For me it is the best piece of glass I own and the reticle is so far pretty helpful.

My comparison glass though is a Weaver T series 36x which is really a fine piece of glass for the money (Less than $500 on sale at Optics Planet http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-rifle-scopes-target-moa-36x40.html)

Would I buy it again?
Probably but the allure of the NightForce benchrest scopes ( <broken link removed> ) is pretty high. And I still like my "cheap" Weaver T series.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top