JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last Walmart heiress that died not long ago gave PBS like 8 billion dollars. what an idiot. Thank God Trump defunded them.

Helen Walton was worth $16.4 billion when she died in 2007. She had dementia the last eight years of her life. I'm surprised she didn't leave her wealth to the four kids.

TFA said:
"Their unique, evidence-based approach brings together important allies – clergy, organizers, law enforcement, and organizational leaders – who are able to interrupt cycles of violence by reaching individuals and groups at a local and personal level. We look forward to seeing their work bring about positive change in urban communities."

The announcement of the grant was made as a part of the launch of the Peacemaker Partnership, a coalition led by LIVE FREE and the Community Justice Reform Coalition.

"If we're serious about reducing gun violence, then we must address the root causes of violence and end the structural discrimination and the mass criminalization of people of color," said Amber Goodwin, founder and executive director of the Community Justice Reform Coalition.

"Violence is a symptom of a larger problem, which is why this partnership and the push to lift up communities of color, especially women, is so important. We are mobilizing all communities to be 'peacemakers' to reduce the number of gun-related shootings and homicides regardless of who pulls the trigger, decrease the number of individuals incarcerated and increase opportunity for those caught in these deadly cycles."

Doesn't seem so bad to me.

If they can get inner city pastors in between angry warring inner city folks who are feeling that it's kill or be killed and they can get them to stop killing to solve their issues: I see gun owners as the beneficiaries.

Remember my first word though. If.

Last Edited:
FWIW, there is nothing in the article that intimates they are supporting gun control. Quite the opposite, they seem to be focusing on the causes of violence rather than the instruments of it. Maybe, just maybe, they are doing something right for once??

Doesn't seem so bad to me.

FWIW, there is nothing in the article that intimates they are supporting gun control. Quite the opposite, they seem to be focusing on the causes of violence rather than the instruments of it. Maybe, just maybe, they are doing something right for once??

Maybe you didn't read the whole article.......

TTAG said:
The Peacemaker Partnership is made up of national, leading gun violence prevention and anti-racism organizations including:

PICO LIVE FREE Campaign

Community Justice Reform Coalition

Kellogg Foundation

Advance Peace

Alliance for Gun Responsibility

Americans for Responsible Solutions

Amnesty International

Athletes for Impact

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Campaign for Black Male Achievement

Chorus

Cities United

Civic Engagement Fund

The Daniel Initiative

End Rape on Campus

Everytown for Gun Safety

Guns Down

Jobs R 4 U

The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Live Free Chicago

Meridian Solutions

Million Hoodies for Justice

Moms Rising

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

National Domestic Violence Hotline

National Institute for Criminal Justice Reform

Operation LIPSTICK

Organizing for Action

PICO California

Revolve Impact

States United to Prevent Gun Violence

Voto Latino

Many of those organizations are virulently super anti-gun.

Ray

First, they donated to the Pico Live Free Campaign, not the Peacemaker Partnership, which is the partnership that you're so concerned about.

Second, just because some objectionable groups are a part of a partnership, that doesn't make the partnership itself bad, but that's irrelevant anyway because, again, they didn't donate to that partnership.

First, they donated to the Pico Live Free Campaign, not the Peacemaker Partnership, which is the partnership that you're so concerned about.

Second, just because some objectionable groups are a part of a partnership, that doesn't make the partnership itself bad, but that's irrelevant anyway because, again, they didn't donate to that partnership.

They are part of The Peacemaker Partnership for a reason.............

Pastors, Rabbis Demand Gun Control at Makeshift Graveyard Demonstration

PICO said:
Clergy from California to Connecticut created a makeshift graveyard symbolizing victims of gun violence on the National Mall on Thursday as they exhorted Congress to pass legislation to limit access to firearms.

Gun-Control Vigil Planned Until Senate Passes Bill

PICO said:
It could last several weeks, but family members of victims and survivors of gun violence are planning to hold a round-the-clock vigil on Capitol Hill until the Senate passes gun policy reform.

snip

Groups participating in NoMoreNames include the Center for American Progress Action Fund, Americans for Responsible Solutions, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Coalition To Stop Gun Violence, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, chapters of Million Mom March, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Newtown Action Alliance, PICO National Network, Project to End Gun Violence, Protest Easy Guns, and Sojourners.

When you lay with dogs, you're gonna get fleas..........

Ray

My guess is that if SHTF and society collapsed in any capacity that the Antifa crowd will be hiding out and laying low. They will cower and gain manners. If that ever powerful EMP does manage to pop over our part of the hemisphere and everything electronic fries like so many have predicted then I think that we will become a much more polite society Gun powder is not affected by an EMP. When all of those douche bags can't tweet out anarchy via their iphones then society will be a better place. Yes, I hate social media. Anyone have a problem with that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top