JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My screensaver..

th?&id=JN.vWIAn5evLgyF1G0nsN%2b1%2bA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I always put about seven layers of blue tape over the camera lens and microphone. Who doesn't?

Similar topic but not google - the new PS4 and XBOXONE both have audio and video capabilities built in and the TErms of Use policies give those companies unlimited access to your living room and gives them the rights over those captured "images and audio"...

Times are a changing and I'm not sure how much longer it will be practical to not aquiess to the regime. Im hoping I have the financial resources to move of the grid before the fall of humanity

Just open the Sound control panel on your PC and disable the Mic and your done.

Also a good idea to put a piece of black tape over your PC's camera.......if it has one.

Last Edited:
Similar topic but not google - the new PS4 and XBOXONE both have audio and video capabilities built in and the TErms of Use policies give those companies unlimited access to your living room and gives them the rights over those captured "images and audio"...

Times are a changing and I'm not sure how much longer it will be practical to not aquiess to the regime. Im hoping I have the financial resources to move of the grid before the fall of humanity
Thats why I play video games naked.. Spread eagle, eating cheetos on my bean bag chair.

In that case I think the xbox may become my next shooting massacre. I hate the idea of them having that kind of access. Time to tape off every damn camera and mic around the house....Which is going to ruin @Certaindeaf life but he will have to move on and hope he catches me peeing in his lawn one of these days...Getting pretty yellow there man.

Also. Tin Foil HATS. You aren't that important. Data collecting has always been about mass social statistics versus individual collection Unless yall are red flagging.

10 ways to change your life by technology and how to protect it.

1. Pay for encrypted email. 20 dollars a year will yield some quality email.
2. Get a Virtual Private Network. This provides an anonymous layer of browsing. Can be as cheap as 5 dollars a month. If a federal agency wishes to seize your network data they have to subpoena the provider. This lets you know they are watching you!
3. Don't use the same password. Common mistakes by people is they use the same password for every account they use. Believe it or not your password is also a footprint item that can be searched for.
4. Those three security questions can often be breached by someone who is attached to your social media. Mothers maiden name, high school, your dogs name etc could often be found on my friends facebook accounts. Don't answer those questions directly. Use a random answer methodology.
5. Pay for things with a trust or LLC and use a lawyer as a proxy. For those insane individuals who freak out about the government knowing their purchases, you can actually get an LLC and get credit on the company to make all of your purchases for you. Incorporate with your lawyer to protect your identity. This can be done to acquire firearms as well. Thanks to Bush businesses are individuals.
6. Learn what a TOR network is and start using it.
7. Use two step text verification for every account you have. This means you will get a TEXT sent to your phone in case people fail attempts at your password. It also provides an extra layer of security.
8. JAIL BREAK YOUR IPHONE
9. STOP using PUBLIC wifi. It's like screwing unprotected. Stop attaching your sensitive data to unprotected networks.
10. Research your hardware. I invested in a quality router that allows me to tailor network monitors. Thus providing me with a better layer of network security and warning. It has helped me drastically decreased my risk to malware/viruses.

If you want private to stay private don't connect to the net. Get a second puter for surfing that way they get nothing.
Very true. If I wrote a book or something, I'd use a dedicated puter that'd never go on-line to lessen that and or just "crashing".
And indeed, our national security types (very broad brush) have had to have their personal and issued laptop's usb ports mandatorily filled with solder to lessen implantation of piggyback viruses etc.

And folks question me why I have been ANTI-google for over a Decade.....

Beyond the above issues. That are Flat Out zero patriotism for the Country that made them Rich.

My personal style of living provides little room for pure hatred. But I can tell you, I Really, really, REALLY, really dislike, google, small g because the do not deserve capital letters, same as democrat, hillary, obama, Etc. !!!!

Just my view.... YMMV, but you can get a tune up, free!

philip

Last Edited:
Also. Tin Foil HATS. You aren't that important. Data collecting has always been about mass social statistics versus individual collection Unless yall are red flagging.

10 ways to change your life by technology and how to protect it.

1. Pay for encrypted email. 20 dollars a year will yield some quality email.
2. Get a Virtual Private Network. This provides an anonymous layer of browsing. Can be as cheap as 5 dollars a month. If a federal agency wishes to seize your network data they have to subpoena the provider. This lets you know they are watching you!
3. Don't use the same password. Common mistakes by people is they use the same password for every account they use. Believe it or not your password is also a footprint item that can be searched for.
4. Those three security questions can often be breached by someone who is attached to your social media. Mothers maiden name, high school, your dogs name etc could often be found on my friends facebook accounts. Don't answer those questions directly. Use a random answer methodology.
5. Pay for things with a trust or LLC and use a lawyer as a proxy. For those insane individuals who freak out about the government knowing their purchases, you can actually get an LLC and get credit on the company to make all of your purchases for you. Incorporate with your lawyer to protect your identity. This can be done to acquire firearms as well. Thanks to Bush businesses are individuals.
6. Learn what a TOR network is and start using it.
7. Use two step text verification for every account you have. This means you will get a TEXT sent to your phone in case people fail attempts at your password. It also provides an extra layer of security.
8. JAIL BREAK YOUR IPHONE
9. STOP using PUBLIC wifi. It's like screwing unprotected. Stop attaching your sensitive data to unprotected networks.
10. Research your hardware. I invested in a quality router that allows me to tailor network monitors. Thus providing me with a better layer of network security and warning. It has helped me drastically decreased my risk to malware/viruses.

Great post!

Points 1 and 2 could be had for free. For an encrypted email, lavaboom and protonmail.ch are good options. They are both located in places where US courts do not have jurisdiction. Protonmail uses 2 passwords - one to log into your email account and another to encrypt your mailbox. There are a number of free vpn services out there as well. VPNs are tricky because you essentially trust a third party with your data stream. While your internet provider will not be able to keep track of what sites you visit, the VPN provider can. Your best bet is to find paid and reputable VPN service that is not located in the US.

Points 3,4 and 5 are self explanatory.

Point 6 coupled with a reputable VPN service will make your data very very difficult to track. Well worth the effort if you are concerned.
I can't emphasize how important is point 8. Your phone's default software and settings were designed to collect as much information about you as possible. Most people don't even realize it. Your phone is essentially a mini-computer constantly connected to the network. You don't have control over the network, but you absolutely have control over what your phone does.
Point 9 and 10. If you are running the default security settings provided by your internet provider, your network is as good as wide open. It is not difficult to open and even non-hacker types can do it.

You should be aware that if you deploy any number of these measures that increase your privacy and anonymity, you will most likely end up in a list. The boys that collect the data on behalf of the alphabet groups do not like to jump through extra hoops to get it.

Great post!

Points 1 and 2 could be had for free. For an encrypted email, lavaboom and protonmail.ch are good options. They are both located in places where US courts do not have jurisdiction. Protonmail uses 2 passwords - one to log into your email account and another to encrypt your mailbox. There are a number of free vpn services out there as well. VPNs are tricky because you essentially trust a third party with your data stream. While your internet provider will not be able to keep track of what sites you visit, the VPN provider can. Your best bet is to find paid and reputable VPN service that is not located in the US.

Points 3,4 and 5 are self explanatory.

Point 6 coupled with a reputable VPN service will make your data very very difficult to track. Well worth the effort if you are concerned.
I can't emphasize how important is point 8. Your phone's default software and settings were designed to collect as much information about you as possible. Most people don't even realize it. Your phone is essentially a mini-computer constantly connected to the network. You don't have control over the network, but you absolutely have control over what your phone does.
Point 9 and 10. If you are running the default security settings provided by your internet provider, your network is as good as wide open. It is not difficult to open and even non-hacker types can do it.

You should be aware that if you deploy any number of these measures that increase your privacy and anonymity, you will most likely end up in a list. The boys that collect the data on behalf of the alphabet groups do not like to jump through extra hoops to get it.
Thank you for a list on how to get on a list quicker. :s0115:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads