JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cheaper than dirt put out an e-mail today that stated Google no longer lists web pages of internet gun retailers pages that include prices on their web page. So I checked it out and found this to be pretty true regarding handguns. I was still able to find price lists for ar15 rifles. Also the shopping button that would compare prices of websites no longer gets any hits on gun make and models. The only sale websites that seem to slip through are the auction type websites and forums with gun sales. Retailers seem to have been shut out. I wonder what is on Google's mind here.

Good news; BING lists prices of guns on their shopping column so you can compare prices there. This step by google might move me to stop using google all together. Google doesn't really have anything that I cant get from other search engines.

Just installed Firefox and uninstalled Chrome, and posted a flaming update on Facebook with some screenshots. To support Google at this point is insanity.

I'll be porting over to Hotmail or another Email service asap as well.

Screw Google. They aren't my Dad...

New home page, Check
New Hotmail addy, Check
Remove Google search bar, Check

Its too bad Google owns youtube. I can live without everything else, but I need my youtube.

Anybody know or have a good contact for google we could all write to giving them a piece of our mind about their bias against guns. Hell cigarettes kill more people in the United States than guns do I wonder if they block any kind search for cigarettes or smoking.

Google is like the oil companies, they make their own rules (and who to pay off). I suppose it'll hurt them some and I'm sure they took that into account. Next they're get a letter from the DOJ and cut out references to Fast & Furious to help the cover up!

I noticed that one of the major news channels showed a car chase and named it "Fast and Furious", bet their search feature would only bring up the car chase.

I did a google shopping search for ar-15, handgun, Glock 19 and sig 226, all searches returned good results with links to many different online retailers not just auction sites. Am I doing it wrong? :huh:

I have used it for years and have not research it on it's own, but it will always cough up something where other search engines fail.

It says it on their about page :

InfoSpace created the Dogpile search engine because your time is important to us. Powered by Metasearch technology, Dogpile returns all the best results from leading search engines including Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Yandex, so you find what you're looking for faster.

About Dogpile - How Dogpile provides the best search results from leading engines in one clean convenient search package

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox and just searched Google for "guns for sale" and "ammunition for sale" and got tons of good hits. All of the major online dealers, inventory, prices - everything.

What happens when you click this?

LINK

Or this, which is a sidebar ad for Wal Mart?

LINK

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox and just searched Google for "guns for sale" and "ammunition for sale" and got tons of good hits. All of the major online dealers, inventory, prices - everything.

What happens when you click this?

LINK

That seems to be a general search, which is not affected. Problem is with their "Shopping" search, which no longer returns any results for firearms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top