Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Goodyear Tire Corp.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by carracer, Jan 25, 2013.

1. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

I read a thread about Goodyear Tire Corp on another forum posting their stores no carry. I email to them, this is the reply:

"Thank you for contacting our web site and for voicing your concerns. In an
    effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers,
    we have had a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace,
    since 2004. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who
    enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited
    weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is
    licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law
    enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees,
    visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our
    Company owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign
    referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Jennifer - Consumer Relations"

A canned response the same as the others received. None the less, it makes their position perfectly clear.

2. DireWolf

DireWolf Oregon Active Member

If people were as concerned about companies like Goodyear closing plants and offshoring family wage jobs as they are about whether you can concealed carry in their store, we'd be much better off.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

they just lost another customer. :(

4. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Ahhh.... My apologies. Had I known this part of the forum was about economics and not firearms issues I would not have posted.

Tbucket, gehrheart, Grunwald and 4 others like this.
  5. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

DireWolf if this was a forum about shipping jobs overseas I could see your point. Beings as this is a gun forum we tend to discuss things that pertain to guns and things that affect our gun rights, seems a little crazy but thats the way it is. I agree Civilian they just lost me also.

6. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

Beat me to it Carracer.

7. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Americas Tire and Tire Factory offer better service anyway

8. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I wonder if Firestone (a Japanese owned company I believe) is any different?

9. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

:laugh:

10. Cheesemaker

Cheesemaker Tillamook Active Member

Alot of business's are posting signs in their store fronts banning weapons on their property. But if your concealed, and it doesn't look obvious, I say don't worry about it.

Clackamas Town Center has had a sign posted on their property for years!! And it didn't stop the shooter.

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What I am curious about is lets say after a couple years of everyone pointing out every place that doesn't allow firearms on the property. Where are all of you going to do your shopping?

Heck most gun shops and pawn shops have a NO GUN POLICY.

Take tire stores I bet if you eMailed Goodyear, Amerca's, Les Schwab, Firestone, And any other big chain tire store they would tell you the same thing. No guns.

Heck if I worried about this crap I couldn't go to work as the Gun owning, Deer, Bear, Moose, Elk Hunting Sage rat, Coyote (and thats just the boss/owner), 2nd amendment supporting, Obama hating, Redneck, Construction company has the same exact rules NO GUNS ON THE PROPERTY OR IN THE VEHICLES

12. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

I find it's just an insurance gimmick. I have a no weapons policy at my place of business that I personally wrote into the employee handbook. I simply did it because if it is a written company policy, then it figures into insurance premium costs every year when they figure how much we should pay them for our liability coverage. It's my rule and I still break it daily. I would wager that a fair amount of businesses out there don't really care if you legally carry on their property or not, they just want to save a buck on their insurance.

This is just my opinion, so don't go out here getting yourself in trouble and tell them some guy on the internet told you it was ok...wait better yet, go ahead..see what happens :thumbup:

13. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

As Salted Weapon pointed out, a companies posted sign has no effect, unless your firearm is seen and you are asked to leave and if you do not comply.

Personally, i ignore these posted signs. My safety is more important to me, than a sign and no way to defend myself, should the need arise.

My only exception to this rule, is places that i can get into immediate trouble for carrying concealed, per Oregon and Washington laws.

This is jmho and you are free to do as you choose.

14. Adam12

Adam12 Oregon Active Member

I'm a Goodyear fan. I will continue buying their tires. These policies are almost always about insurance.

15. gearheadbill

gearheadbill Everett area Member

Anyone know if Wash law is similar?