JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody have a good spot near PDX that has a decent amount of yotes. Want to take my Dad out and have tried other spots but found nothing.

Good Luck, most Hunters won't share their spots;).

Not to be negative, just been my experience.

Hang out at feed store maybe and offer to hunt them in exchange for hunting on the ranchers land.

Coyotes are everywhere being able to hunt them is another story.
any place you can legally hunt near PDX will have coyotes.
going east is your best bet. hunting the west side will make you work harder but coyotes can be had.

You can go East or climb though the hills on BLM land . but a zillion Dogs live fat on valley AG. lands and around the suburb areas . what ( 2dogs ) said .. It just takes work/time/years to get spots established but pretty soon you can just go anytime you feel like gearing up and going .
I hunt them for years and I rarely ever leave Tualatin Valley area to regularly shoot Coyotes . . also- It not my home turf, but I also been over on the eagle creek and estacada area a few times for coyotes . If I lived over there I would never get any rest That side of Willamette valley area is just bad filthy thick with them also .

Yotes are thicker than have ever been - homeowners and small ranchers around Bend report them as having no fear anymore and literally sit only yards away and will immediately go after dogs or anything else they think they can take as soon as no one is looking. They seem to know peoples' habits and movements and work around them very skillfully.

They seem to know peoples' habits and movements and work around them very skillfully.
-
. That a fact, they do work around people skillfully . Sound like Bend is same way here . Dogs are born, raised, move and live within all the small parcels of land owners . They know all peoples habits and who's coming and going. They know all the farm dogs and animals there .
. They are educated from birth. I watch all the time at night when I am hunting, 1st year dogs getting there education shadowing one or two Dogs on there routes they running . Dogs are educated about living with people the day they start walking . That's what makes it more work around here in the higher density populated area of the valley for hunting Coyotes and It a lot of work learning area's and successfully hunting Coyotes . Coyotes don't make it easy to kill them, I am tired right now from 'working' being out hunting till 04:30 this morning .
-

You can go East or climb though the hills on BLM land . but a zillion Dogs live fat on valley AG. lands and around the suburb areas . what ( 2dogs ) said .. It just takes work/time/years to get spots established but pretty soon you can just go anytime you feel like gearing up and going .
I hunt them for years and I rarely ever leave Tualatin Valley area to regularly shoot Coyotes . . also- It not my home turf, but I also been over on the eagle creek and estacada area a few times for coyotes . If I lived over there I would never get any rest That side of Willamette valley area is just bad filthy thick with them also .
Thanks. I was on a 50 acre plot of recently cut timber and called for about 8 hours for a couple days. Never saw one or even heard one

Yotes are thicker than have ever been - homeowners and small ranchers around Bend report them as having no fear anymore and literally sit only yards away and will immediately go after dogs or anything else they think they can take as soon as no one is looking. They seem to know peoples' habits and movements and work around them very skillfully.
I have an aunt in eastern Oregon( Redmond ) who works on a farm and the yotes are insanity out there. Never had the time to drive 3 hours one way and another 3 back.

Good Luck, most Hunters won't share their spots;).

Not to be negative, just been my experience.

Hang out at feed store maybe and offer to hunt them in exchange for hunting on the ranchers land.
That's a good idea. Maybe including a six pack to help, ya know, "grease the wheels"

Thanks. I was on a 50 acre plot of recently cut timber and called for about 8 hours for a couple days. Never saw one or even heard one
-
I imagine there a few Coyote up in a clear-cut in the hills . It harder living and more running for Dogs . I have called and shot a few up in Gales Creek in the hills .
Normally why I dont ever stray/go up higher elevations up in the coastal hills even though I only 1-hour drive for me . I hunt local area's close around me like hillsboro/forest grove/gaston/banks/yamhill/newburg ..etc. .
--
quote:
..."I have an aunt in eastern Oregon( Redmond ) who works on a farm and the yotes are insanity out there. Never had the time to drive 3 hours one way and another 3 back ".
-
You got contact there ..Man you should do that every now and then & you need the practice . Leave way early in morning and come back at night, Or You should just make it a 2 day thing on the weekend . It not like you got to do it every week, just make it a few times a year if that all the time you have .
6-hour round trip hunting .That hunting is easy than it sounds , solo or a few guys just grab a cheep motel nearest town to throw your gear and rest, and kill Coyotes day or night .

-
I imagine there a few Coyote up in a clear-cut in the hills . It harder living and more running for Dogs . I have called and shot a few up in Gales Creek in the hills .
Normally why I dont ever stray/go up higher elevations up in the coastal hills even though I only 1-hour drive for me . I hunt local area's close around me like hillsboro/forest grove/gaston/banks/yamhill/newburg ..etc. .
--
quote:
..."I have an aunt in eastern Oregon( Redmond ) who works on a farm and the yotes are insanity out there. Never had the time to drive 3 hours one way and another 3 back ".
-
You got contact there ..Man you should do that every now and then & you need the practice . Leave way early in morning and come back at night, Or You should just make it a 2 day thing on the weekend . It not like you got to do it every week, just make it a few times a year if that all the time you have .
6-hour round trip hunting .That hunting is easy than it sounds , solo or a few guys just grab a cheep motel nearest town to throw your gear and rest, and kill Coyotes day or night .
I might try Sauvie Island even though the whole dang state goes there for birds. I might try asking some local berry farms near the city to see if they will let me hunt there during the off season.

I might try Sauvie Island even though the whole dang state goes there for birds. I might try asking some local berry farms near the city to see if they will let me hunt there during the off season.

If your going to Suavie island you Might as well go to Scappoose and run up Vernonia HWY cut off to Pitsburg RD and drive the 29+ miles of dirt road and clear cut's.
Lot's of spots up there man.!!:s0015:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads