JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Centers for Disease Control acknowledges that there are somewhere between 60,000 and 2.5 million defensive gun uses in this country every year.

That is a pretty wide spread and probably just as accurate a CNN pole.
Most defensive gun uses are of the form where a bad guy ceases his bad actions and flees when his chosen victim turns out to have a gun. No shots are fired. So the event may or may not be reported. I've chased off bad guys at gun point four times--two would-be home invaders, one man trying to rape a woman in the parking lot behind my rooming house, and once when I accidentally interrupted a burglary and he charged me. I reported only two of them. The robbery since I had a complete description. And one of the home invasions, where the guy was clearly deranged and enraged by drugs and grief and was somewhat suicidal, and I thought he might attack anyone he met after I managed to get rid of him, so was an immediate threat to my neighbors. ("Go ahead and shoot me. I don't care if I die." Followed by something about a girlfriend who had dumped him.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top