JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you got money and are handy with a computer, SAP can handle basically every aspect of inventory down to who your vendors are, prices, current inventory, pending orders. You can even create your own inventory numbers for things so that they can be easily tracked, and have it point to where they're actually stored. Then you can print out your own barcodes that you can scan for whatever you might want to do.

SAP is kinda expensive to license though but if you utilize it well, it can make life super easy.

There's definitely a learning curve though. And you have to know which modules to get for it.
Unless you're talking about for personal use and not business, then I wouldn't even bother.

Last Edited:
If you got money and are handy with a computer, SAP can handle basically every aspect of inventory down to who your vendors are, prices, current inventory, pending orders. You can even create your own inventory numbers for things so that they can be easily tracked, and have it point to where they're actually stored. Then you can print out your own barcodes that you can scan for whatever you might want to do.

SAP is kinda expensive to license though but if you utilize it well, it can make life super easy.

There's definitely a learning curve though. And you have to know which modules to get for it.
Unless you're talking about for personal use and not business, then I wouldn't even bother.
SAP? Buwhawhawha. Better known as SLOW-AND-PAINFUL.
I use Excel for capital expenditures - guns, optics, casting molds, reloading tools and equipment -- for insurance purposes.
I used to keep a running inventory of my consumables - brass, bullets and powder, but it became too time consuming and cumbersome to maintain in Excel because when you shoot a lot, you're constantly editing.
Now I keep a powder list, laminated, so I can manually edit the quantities of powder I have on hand. Because it's also a burn rate chart, I have a general idea, at a glance, of the powder and it's use. Here's a snippet:

1665188917107.png

Wife and I use Hang Tags/Post It Notes on things like the fridge, freezer, Pantry, and dry storage, makes things super simple to visually check and adjust as needed! Every few weeks or months we go through and check all the lists and replenish as needed, depending on the usage! We do this with Fuel Storage, and the low use cars, reminds us when things need to be cranked over and exercised and/or rotated! AS long as we both do our parts in keeping up with them, it all works really well and we don't risk running low or out! For things like Ammo and Reloading supplies, I keep a log book on the bench and check it when ever I sit down, that way I can tell at a glance what I may be low on and can order or get whatever I need to keep my stock up and rotate anything as needed! For the Gun Safes, we keep a detailed innovatory including photos and SN's of everything as well as current values and we keep that on several thumb drives we both have access to, as well as stored off sight, so if something bad happens, we have proof of what we owned!

I look in the gun safe and see the pistol side is completely full and the rifle side had room for just one more. I look at the 50 cal ammo cans one per caliber and when I go shooting and find on that is less that half full when I make that ammo again I "make some for me" and top that can off. The consumables cycle thru so fast I either have it on hand or it's on order.

I have been using Excel for 3 decades and use it for gun, reloading and ammo inventory. It should handle all of your needs. It is not just a spreadsheet program - you can add macros and do fairly complex programming.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top