JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a nice 1148 Remington about a month ago for 200.
I bought it for the same reason your wanting one. It works better than I do lol
Looks like it sat under grandpas bed for the last 30 years.

So I'm gonna go against the norm here. Hate me for it if you must, but my first time shooting trap was last November up on hood at a gravel pit. I had my buddy hand throwing clays while I tried to knock'em out of the air with a Mossberg 500 Persuader with 7+1 capacity and a 20" barrel. Was I very good? No it took my three shots to hit one clay before it hit the ground, but towards the end I got better. I like using a short barrel. My buddy was also using a sawed off 1897. Our goal was to have fun and we had fun. It is also practical from a tactical stand point. I doubt you'd use a 26"+ length barrel for a camp gun or HD gun. In which situations knowing how to lead your moving target with a short barrel is useful. IMO

A little bit of history too. In WWI U.S. troops that were skilled trap shooters were given Trench guns and placed so along the trenches so they could shoot incoming grenades away or out of the air. Bare in mind these were German Potato Mashers which are much lighter than grenades of today.

On a similar note, sort of.

I'm too lazy to confirm it right now, but didn't I read somewhere that turret gunners on WWII bombers were first trained with shotguns and clays to learn about leading a moving target?

Makes sense anyhow...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads