JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keeping an eye on this.
The funny guy in me would love to buy this C-wire compound and then paint the building with colorful Care Bears murals just to make people wonder.

The funny guy in me would love to buy this C-wire compound and then paint the building with colorful Care Bears murals just to make people wonder.

Oh people would wonder alright.

gusta-bear-mammal-cartoon-vertebrate-nose-dog-like.png

In all seriousness though, there are some bizarre decorations and "leave me alone" clues at compounds in the desert outside Phoenix. A fence decorated with those spring-loaded children's riding horses, spikes in the road, etc. The fortifications out there remind me of Belfast. Not opaque Hesco barrier protection like you have down range, but more of delay and detect barriers to make intruders easy targets.

In all seriousness though, there are some bizarre decorations and "leave me alone" clues at compounds in the desert outside Phoenix. A fence decorated with those spring-loaded children's riding horses, spikes in the road, etc. The fortifications out there remind me of Belfast. Not opaque Hesco barrier protection like you have down range, but more of delay and detect barriers to make intruders easy targets.

I think what a person wants are fortifications that give the defender cover, but not the attacker. As you mention, barriers that slow down the attackers and make them vulnerable to defender fire, are desirable. While the buildings on that MT land may be useful, it seems to me that they obstruct the view (to see someone coming) and could provide cover for attackers once the attackers get close enough.

It would depend on layout, but it almost seems like an urban situation with multiple buildings that the attackers could use once the defenders had to give them up due to being overwhelmed. Also, they increase visibility of the compound and make it seem like there is something valuable there to defend and therefore something worth attacking.

It seems to me that real estate was over valued. This Virus and millions being layed off won't do anything nice for the market. Give it a bit of time and see where the wind is blowing is my advice.

Most of MT is pretty cold in the winter - Livingston and down into Yellowstone is often the coldest part of the CONUS in the winter due to the wind patterns which bring minus 40 arctic blasts down thru there.
It blows so hard down in there and around Livingston that they have to shut I-90 down many times all winter. About October through February. Semi's get blown over. I have seen -37 days on end. And the snow blows and drifts deep and freezes into tall banks of frozen white. But there are still good deals in the general area. Just have to be ready for some serious survival time. Lots of books and re-loading.

It blows so hard down in there and around Livingston that they have to shut I-90 down many times all winter. About October through February. Semi's get blown over. I have seen -37 days on end. And the snow blows and drifts deep and freezes into tall banks of frozen white. But there are still good deals in the general area. Just have to be ready for some serious survival time. Lots of books and re-loading.

I spent time working in Bozeman and east. I would rather be around that area and Big Timber or west of there, than Billings or east. When I was in Billings I was always getting little spiny cactus things in my shoes when I was out in the field. I spent some time in Biddle - fortunately it was in the summer - I gather from the people who live there it is almost unreachable in the winter due to the snow drifts. I swear I could see Devil's Tower from the hill we put the transmitter on - very picturesque to the south.

I spent a few days bumming around GNP and that area once on a dual sport. I liked it - from there to Spokane and up into Republic. But too cold for my old bones now.

Grew up in Bridge. My heart breaks for Oregon. All these years of Leftist rule and the free people of this state have no voice. I will take the wind and cold. ...... and the organic meat in the freezer.

That is a lot of buildings to keep an eye on. If you have the number of people to do that, and the land could grow enough food to feed them, then it might be okay. Otherwise if I had less than 10 people, I would demolish some of the buildings to give attackers less cover to hide in. Depends on the layout of course, but I would think it would take at least several competent families to defend it with all those buildings.

I see it seems to have a pond, maybe a well. I would have to wonder if there is enough water for crop irrigation. Seems to have two wind power generators, not sure if that would be enough to power irrigation.

You needed to read the Zillow description. The pond i s a sewage lagoon, and the property is fed by three wells with full water rights, and three giant holding tanks.

Keeping an eye on this.

Man i would buy this right now if it was for sale

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews