JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Gun dissuades insistent Mass. snow shoveler

The elderly couple told him to leave, but he just banged on their door harder.

Police in Lowell say a man who demanded money for shoveling the driveway of an elderly couple who hadn’t asked him to do so was chased away when the 79-year-old woman answered her door holding a gun.

Police say the man knocked on the door of the woman and her 81-year-old husband at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and forcefully asked for payment for shoveling.

They told him to leave, so he banged on the door harder.

Police tell The Sun that the woman came to the door again, this time holding a gun at her side. She never pointed it, just told the man to go away. She was licensed to carry the gun.

Police found the man, talked to him and the couple, and didn’t bring any charges.

Massachusetts. I wonder what it's like living in such a un-free State. :huh:

Car= leave whenever you want
Home= you should be able to feel safe and not be bothered

So F- your window washer anaology Eugene...they told him to leave, he demanded money and stayed. He should have been charged with tresspassing.

#2: "Can I show my gun the next time a homeless guy asks for money after washing my windshield with newspaper and water? I'm licensed."

Has this actually happened to you or is it just a hypothetical question?
The recent conviction of Michael Dunn in Florida was a pretty clear demonstration that one can not just just empty the magazine at people for being annoying (not that I would wish to), so pepper spray is probably the way to convince bums and winos not to touch my car. Wearing my crabby face when out and about tends to reduce unwanted contact with people I don't want to converse with, and I have no qualms about being rude to panhandlers, squeegee men, and other assorted parasites. I'm not kidding about finding them annoying.

Guess I should've put a smiley on there. I was just joking about being annoyed with the window washers...
Is that really starting to happen in Portland now? Anyway elderly woman should have a peephole and yelled through the door" NO THANKS" first then "GO AWAY I'M CALLING POLICE" all the time holding the weapon. Brandishing it shouldn't be the fist instinct. If he persisted before she got a chance to call the police maybe yell that she's armed? Every situation is different though and it should be her right to answer the door armed as well. When I get that old I might do the same thing!

Only happened once in Seattle and it was only because I was stuck behind another car. Washed my windshield with a wet newspaper and asked for money. Actually made my windshield dirtier. lol

Only been approached maybe two times in the last 10 years here in Portland. Just swerved around them and drove away...

Can I show my gun the next time a homeless guy asks for money after washing my windshield with newspaper and water? I'm licensed.

Ugh, back when I used to work in downtown LA this was a frequent occurrence. Having to step over a fresh and steaming crap to get into my building was not an unusual happening. I remember at one point I was taking one of my coworkers back to her car, and we got accosted by some crazy begger who had a cup on the end of a stick who started screaming obscenities and poking me with his stick when I said "no thanks". Yea, at that point mr blasty made a cameo, licensed or not. I wasn't about to put up with that kinda BS.

These people belong somewhere they will be appreciated, like santa monica.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads