JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get into 3 gun and am wondering what auto shotgun is the best value. I have heard good things about the 930 SPX and it is in the right price range. A Benelli would be awesome, but don't want to spend that much. What is the word on AR 1919 and AK Saiga style autos? any other recommendations?

Remington Model 11? :D

image.jpg

I had a Stoeger M2000, I was not a fan. Real similar operating system to a Benelli but mine did not cycle reliability. Not sure of the difference between the m2000 and the M3000. Mine also had a aftermarket tube extension which very likely was much of the blame

I'm looking to get into 3 gun and am wondering what auto shotgun is the best value. I have heard good things about the 930 SPX and it is in the right price range. A Benelli would be awesome, but don't want to spend that much. What is the word on AR 1919 and AK Saiga style autos? any other recommendations?

Obama banned any further import of any of the Saiga rifles and shotguns last summer, as part of the US sanctions on Russia over the siutation in the Ukraine. So it is not much of an option anymore. The FN SLP is probably the biggest competitor for the 930 SPX. Another one is the new Beretta Model 1301 Competition.

Another option would be to buy a new or used Winchester SX2 or SX3, and install a magazine extension on it.

There is a used Benelli M1 for sale for $700 in the Shotgun Classifieds forum here on this website.

I second the Beretta 1301 Competition as it is definitely worth considering. The 3-Gun crowd seems to love them. Comes in a 21" or 24". Cabelas's currently has both on sale for just under $1,000, but you might shop around and get one for less. The word on the street is Beretta will eventually phase out the Benelli M2/M3/M4 tactical line to let Benelli focus strictly on hunting guns, and Beretta would then produce all of the tactical shotguns. Makes sense when you think about it.

The 22" Remington Versa Max Tactical is another great option for 3-Gun shooting. An improved shotgun over the 1100 and 11-87. A little heavier than the Beretta, but a softer shooter. There is an 18" Versa Max, renamed the R12, and it would be a great option for HD except the dim bulbs at Remington decided to not make it available to the public (only LE/MIL which makes absolutely no sense at all). Personally I will be using the 18.5" Beretta 1301 Tactical as my primary HD gun and retiring my pump shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top