JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

So I was talking about the usefulness of dune buggies and similar lightweight vehicles many pages back... and this guy is proving them to be very useful in a military conflict. The mission parameters and doctrine does remind me a lot of how the old Willys Jeeps were used in WW2.

They are sweet. My fav is the GX460s, GX470s mid to late 2000s. Pretty much mini Landcruisers; Prados in Europe. Luxurious little Billy Goats. Under the radar, looks soccer-mom ish. No family, so don't need anything bigger. One of those with 150k miles will last longer and need less maintenance than most new trucks/suvs.
V8, center lock, and cushy old dude seats.

There is a nice one on CL but with 20" rims and price a little high. I watch Ih8mud for modded/lifted ones now and then. At some point the red look at me sports car has to go and something more usual and practical takes its place.

Amazing how far some have taken these rigs. The GX470s have appreciated in price over the last ten years like everything else. Since inflation will only get worse I am always wanting something, anything over cash $$.

View attachment 1768650
Couldn't agree more 😎

IMG_4377.jpeg

I would be interested in this, I would probably even bid on it if I could go see it and had an idea of what the "reserve" price was. The highest bid was $13,250 and I would bet that the reserve was well over $20K, probably over $30K.

I would be interested in this, I would probably even bid on it if I could go see it and had an idea of what the "reserve" price was. The highest bid was $13,250 and I would bet that the reserve was well over $20K, probably over $30K.
With all the work and the camper shell build-out, I'm thinking they were expecting $65-90k

^^ This. Plus be careful many people use that term on the 6.0 to mean they tuned it up and changed the oil.

Plus 5.8 ft interior height means a lot of stooping in there.

Last Edited:
$35k complete redone and rebuilt - I believe that 100%. The problem is that would take over $45k in labor and parts to rebuild. I mean damn. Jethro would be at home driving that lol.

This is why 4WD is a good option

c=MJEAtrhtxHMAX9Y47TK&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.jpg

This happens every winter somewhere - especially in the coastal mountains.

In the event of a Cascadian earthquake, these would be so numerous that it would take years for ODOT to fix them.

Upcoming Events

Central Oregon Sportsmen's show
Redmond, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Rickreall Gun Show
Rickreall, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top