JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im wanting to plan some Spring and Summer camping trips soon and am looking for ideas. Heres what Im looking for: high desert type area, wildflowers, water (lake, river, or creek) and 3 hours or less driving time from Medford (I have a 3 year old son) There are some good places out by Prospect that I like to go to but it is very forested. I am looking to camp in some open country this time. Any suggestions?

Don't take this as a crass reply, but about 3 hours East, South or South east is going to put you in good camping territory. If you want open, head for the central high desert, the Klamath Valley has some good spots as well. I was going to recommend the Steens mountains, as they are spectacular and pretty far from anywhere, so you don't get much riff-raff. However, it's more the 3 hours from Medford I think.

Are you looking for established camp grounds, like with facilities, or just looking to head up into the hills and rough it?

Check out the National Forest Service as well as OR state parks - lots of info on the web...and, sorry to be anal, but is is "Steens Mountain;" it is a single mountain, not a range...

That looks like a nice area too, but a little farther than I want to drive. Maybe when my son is older. If anyones interested, theres a great campsite called Indian Scotty, on the Scott River in N. California. Its about 45 mins west of Yreka. Lots of great big toads in the spring and bullfrogs in the river. A great place for kids.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top