JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm planning on buying a gun with my tax returns, but within a month or so I might actually need some of the money. What gun, or two guns, in the $500-$700 range, in your opinion, would have the best resale value? It just seems like more fun than having the money just sitting around collecting dust.

Thanks,
Jordan

Apparently, Glocks go UP on value once you buy them, judging by the classifieds on this forum.:s0112:

Seriously, any gun that is popular should be fairly easy to move if you buy at a decent price. Lower priced guns are also easier to move than higher priced guns for the simple reason that more people can afford an LCP than a Kimber 1911.

Of course, as has been mentioned, silver is probably the better INVESTMENT and easiest the move. The problem is, it loses a tremendous amount of value once you shoot it.:s0114:

I have found guns to be horrible investments. I always take a loss when I sell a gun. Luckily I go into it understanding that and always just think of the loss as a lease payment on the gun for the time I had it. :)

$500.00 worth of silver won't earn you much in the short term. Why not just watch the classifieds for a cc size glock, m&p, kahr, ect. You'll probably get most of your money back if you have to flip it, and get to have some fun in the mean time..:s0155:

get a S&W 460 or 500 "Bear Arms Survival kit" its a case for everything you need to stop or prevent bear attacks. comes in a big yellow case, sold for about 980 new and they stopped making them already. comes with a ~2" barrel 460 or 500 magnum...i would recommend the 460 and you can pop off 45lc, 454 casull, or the 460 magnum when you feel the need

make sure you have good medical because your wrists will take a beating

agreed with silver too, its good to have because it wont go down, but its a long term investment...and all you can do is look at them

Buy a Saiga 12 or three or four

Its crazy how these are so hot now. I was thinking about buying one a few weeks ago. Then I go to the gun show a week ago in portland and they are all sold out. I called keiths on monday and they wanted $700 for one!! WTF? A guy over there said that the ATF is trying to ban them and they have stop importing them or something like that. I went online and got one fom K-VAR for regular price and it shipped the next day. Will be here on wednesday :)

A guy over there said that the ATF is trying to ban them and they have stop importing them or something like that.

True.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I've seen a couple "thumbs up" for the Saiga 12 but have a couple questions for those that recommend them. 1) Aren't the Saiga 12's at an all time high in in asking price? 2) How sure are you that the ATF is gonna ban them/they are gonna stop being imported? Or is this just another "scare"? I can't help but think about the AWB scare from a couple years ago when everybody ran out and bought AR 15's and now the market is flooded with them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top