Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good rifle scope for 150.00 or less?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MIKEV311, Dec 22, 2013.

1. MIKEV311

MIKEV311 SALEM,OREGON Member

So im trying to get an early start on getting my stuff ready for next hunting season. i need a scope for my savage 110 in .30-06 and i have a budget of 150.00 or less i know you get what you pay for with scopes but is there anything decent in that price range?

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That $150 might get you into one of the new Redfield scopes. Or quite possibly a lower end Nikon.

3. 556

556 Beaverton,OR Active Member

Bimart has some leupold riflemans for around $150

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

Mueller is hard to beat for money..

6. JV100

JV100 portland/wilsonville Active Member

redfield.

7. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

Theres a lot to look at as far as scopes go...BUT...

The Redfield lineup is pretty awesome. There are also some very well built Nikons in that price range.

Since it is NEXT season you're shooting for I might hold off and save another 50$. The 200$ price point seems to have a ton more options.

8. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have had a very good experience with the Pentax Gameseeker 4-12x40. Very good optics and it has held perfect zero for six years worth of hunting now. The guys in camp, all Leupold and Nikon Monarch owners, are always very impressed when they look through it. Great scope, and not just for the money.

9. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

10. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

I have a 4-12x40 rifleman for sale. It's a great scope I just wanted more zoom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. DeanMk

DeanMk Poulsbo, Wa. Active Member

Not sure how good "Barska" scopes are, but check this price!
    http://www.shopbarska.com/Hunting_Scopes-BARSKA_3_9X32_HUNTMASTER_SCOPE.html

...and here's a little more broad view of what that site offers, in hunting scopes, in general...

Barska: Hunting Scopes

12. MIKEV311

MIKEV311 SALEM,OREGON Member

Thank you everybody for the reply's i looked through a couple of redfields today and they look pretty nice i like the mueller and have read good things about them does anybody know if there is someone in town Salem area that carries them?

13. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I don't know if you have considered a used scope or not. I picked up a very gently used Leupold from Jeff at Rangemaster for around $200. It was a few years old, but a comparable new scope would have set me back 2-3 times as much. He's in Lebanon 541-259-4867

14. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

+1 for used. I got my Leupold VX-2 6-18x40 used. Store owner used it on his varmint gun, didn't like the reticle and I picked it up for 300$. That scope was going for about 600$ at the time.

15. best defense

best defense Beaverton, OR Active Member

Yeah, check Bi-Mart, and Redfield is now made by Leupold, so that would be a good choice.

16. PORSCHE928S4

PORSCHE928S4 Newport, Oregon Active Member

Nikon 3x9x40 Pro Staff $149 with free shipping from amalamazon ! I have several Nikon scopes with all that loot you save you will be able to stock up on some rounds and go shooting ! The Nikon scopes have never failed me with a good mount you will be zeroed in a few rounds try a DNZ Game Reaper .

17. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

I have two Nikon ProStaff, and I love them both; very clear optics.

18. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Nikon or bushnell have good scopes in that range. Stay away from barska. I have a few thinking the price was right. Well the quality is not all there. I threw them on less important rifles. Only one I was impressed with was the one I got for my wife's ar. But it cost more than your price point.

I've had good experiences with the bushnell trophy lines.

19. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Just my take on the Nitrex TR1 vs the Nikon Prostaff (or the Buckmaster, for that matter). The Nitrex is significantly better optically and brighter. If you ask me, it is also a little better than the Redfield Revolution which is the US made Redfield. It also cheaper than those. PS, I own 3 Nikons, 3 Redfields, and some Leupolds along with others. The Nitrex from Natchezss.com is the best scope bargain available, IMO.

erudne and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Depends on what zoom you want....but Redfield and Nikon would be my suggestions...

Try OpticsPlanet.com