JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ares Aegis Enhanced

Why it's good:
  • Well made. Will easily last you five years
  • VERY Rigid. Will easily support any CCW load or a full range load out
  • It's subtle and looks great in any casual setting
  • Doesn't scream, "shoot me first" like some tactical belts with cobra buckles can
  • Easy to thread through belt loops...unlike a lot of cobra buckles
  • Won't stretch like some leather belts can
  • Infinitely and easily adjustable so you can tighten or loosen it throughout the day as needed. It doesn't have holes like leather belts where the holes are never quite in the right location

Why it's bad
  • It's not exactly cheap. But see that part about it lasting for five years above
  • It's VERY rigid. Some people find super rigid belts uncomfortable. I don't. YMMV
  • The belt buckle is just a bit large. Nothing you notice normally but if you intend to carry directly on your center line, it's probably not the right belt. A low profile belt without a buckle would be better suited for that role
Custom (3 Week MAX Leadtime) : Ares Gear

Consider also going to your local Grange. They have unfinished various widths and thicknesses of leather intended for horse tack and stuff. If you can or have somebody else do the trimming, punching and finishing one can make up just about any kind of gun belt one could think of. Non expensive also.

Consider also relocating and enlarging and added to the number of belt loops your gun pants have. Fewer were doable, more right around the holster and mag stuff. Also for the rotund guys, do not forget the use of suspenders. Might be needed for that ultimate Zombie encounter mag load out of 12 mags. :)

I like the 5.11 Double duty belt. I've been wearing them for close to 6 years. I use the 1.5" and it works great with any pants while they also make a 1.75" one. It's stiff enough to support an IWB holster yet flexible enough to be comfortable. I get a size up (I'm 32in waist and buy a large) so that I don't have to actually undo it to take my pants down since it's a slide buckle. Which is a huge bonus to me, not having your gun flopping around on the floor. I've never had a problem with it slipping or the plastic buckle breaking. It's also great that I don't have to take it off for metal detectors.

For $22-25 it's a steal and you can afford to buy a new one every so often and they are just good belts. They are reversible with black on one side and OD/coyote on the other.

https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical-59568-Double-Duty/dp/B01FVPHMXQ?th=1&psc=1

Last Edited:
Big Foot Gunbelts. I opted for the steel lined version, it's been my daily belt for several months and has managed to retain its shape.

Why's it so great? First it holds its shape, period. I've not detected any stretching whatsoever. Second, it doesn't bend, twist or flex. Rarely ever find myself readjusting it, cause it don't slip down or around. Third, keeps the sidearm pulled in close to the body. And lastly, it's just plain comfortable.

It's successfully and comfortably supported everything up to and including my Combat Commander...

Quality and workmanship is top notch. Again after several months of daily use, it still looks new...

Tandy learher supplies in Beaverton has belt blanks in various sizes, thicknesses, and widths. They also have a huge choice of buckle and other related hardware. A full belt with all the trimming and tanning of choice can be had for under $40. You can custom make any belt any way you like, and you can also get gun fighter belts, and shoulder rigs as well! :)

Ted Blocker in Tigard. Been wearing their belt everyday for at least five years, it's easily got another five. I think I paid $40.

Big Foot Gunbelts. I opted for the steel lined version, it's been my daily belt for several months and has managed to retain its shape.

Why's it so great? First it holds its shape, period. I've not detected any stretching whatsoever. Second, it doesn't bend, twist or flex. Rarely ever find myself readjusting it, cause it don't slip down or around. Third, keeps the sidearm pulled in close to the body. And lastly, it's just plain comfortable.

It's successfully and comfortably supported everything up to and including my Combat Commander...

Quality and workmanship is top notch. Again after several months of daily use, it still looks new...

This.

Ares Aegis Enhanced

Why it's good:
  • Well made. Will easily last you five years
  • VERY Rigid. Will easily support any CCW load or a full range load out
  • It's subtle and looks great in any casual setting
  • Doesn't scream, "shoot me first" like some tactical belts with cobra buckles can
  • Easy to thread through belt loops...unlike a lot of cobra buckles
  • Won't stretch like some leather belts can
  • Infinitely and easily adjustable so you can tighten or loosen it throughout the day as needed. It doesn't have holes like leather belts where the holes are never quite in the right location

Why it's bad
  • It's not exactly cheap. But see that part about it lasting for five years above
  • It's VERY rigid. Some people find super rigid belts uncomfortable. I don't. YMMV
  • The belt buckle is just a bit large. Nothing you notice normally but if you intend to carry directly on your center line, it's probably not the right belt. A low profile belt without a buckle would be better suited for that role
Custom (3 Week MAX Leadtime) : Ares Gear

All true. Great write up and I concur.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews