Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Good price on .308

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Defense Minister, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Defense Minister

Defense Minister Eugene/Springfield Active Member

mjbskwim likes this.
  2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Didn't click. I wonder what a "leadless" primer is?
    Is it lame?

blackadder likes this.
  3. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Nope, they just don't use the lead styphnate that you'd usually find in a primer. The appeal is supposed to be for indoor ranges - less airborne lead.

blackadder likes this.
  4. Certaindeaf

I hear you. So that's what a leadless primer is? lol

5. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

I don't trust their ammo.
    that was one of my local indoor ranges when I was still living in LA. Tried their ammo a few times and general would run into 2-3 rounds per 100 that were squibs. And it felt like they were low powered loads...i never ran a chrono to verify.
    its possible they're reloads are much better now. The last time I was there was 2 years ago.

6. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

They've improved immensely since your times Jungle. I've checked them out last year and their setup is pretty clean and nicely done. I was impressed with their setup actually compared to others.

7. Certaindeaf

I think it's an anti conspiracy. Don't those primers "last" (lol), after a fashion, like a couple whole days?

8. Flopsweat

:D I really don't know - I've never tried them. I don't even know what's in them, just what's not in them.

9. Certaindeaf

Yea I hear you. One thing about those 100 year old nasty primers is that they work.

Flopsweat likes this.
  10. Flopsweat

Indeed. I did shoot some 9mm a few years ago that was supposedly stored underground for a few decades. There was a noticeable delay between the click and the boom - more than 1/4 second - and then what seemed like a sharper than normal recoil. I decided I didn't want to keep shooting the stuff. On the other hand, I've shot 50 year old Com-block 7.62 from spam cans that ran great.