JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I got a look at all of the black Friday ads in the local paper. One thing that caught my eye is that Bi-Mart is selling a Sentry 10 gun safe that is normally $299.97 for $199.97. They also have a number of guns for sale such as a Henry .22 for 199.87 and a Ruger 10-22 for 169.97.
Big 5 has a Garand for $599. I wonder what the condition is. I'd love to have one!
Anyhow, I think that there are some bargains out there today (Friday) and tomorrow. Good luck.

While not being 'fire' safes, the little Sentry brand safes at Bi Mart are a good value, and are well made.
If you want a good 'secondary' safe, or dont' have alot of 'stuff' to keep 'safe', then the Sentries are a good choice. That is a GREAT price for them at BI MART!

Yes, lots of good values out there on this "Black Friday". I am hoping I can get to Bi Mart sometime today before all the good stuff is gone.

Coastal Farm has the Centurian / Liberty 48 gun safe for $899 until 11:00am today. I may go get one for the rifles and use my 36 for the Hand guns. All I need to do is figure out where I'm going to put it.

Yesterday I got a look at all of the black Friday ads in the local paper. One thing that caught my eye is that Bi-Mart is selling a Sentry 10 gun safe that is normally $299.97 for $199.97. They also have a number of guns for sale such as a Henry .22 for 199.87 and a Ruger 10-22 for 169.97.
Big 5 has a Garand for $599. I wonder what the condition is. I'd love to have one!
Anyhow, I think that there are some bargains out there today (Friday) and tomorrow. Good luck.

The 10 gun safes are SMALL, you could probably only get 10 guns in there if you didn't care how they looked when you pulled them out. BiMart has pretty good sales often. I got the 14 gun safe (still small, but fit my needs) for $299 down from $399, a few months ago.

The 10 gun safes are SMALL, you could probably only get 10 guns in there if you didn't care how they looked when you pulled them out. BiMart has pretty good sales often. I got the 14 gun safe (still small, but fit my needs) for $299 down from $399, a few months ago.

I just picked up one of the 14 gun Sentry safe's from there for $299, it will fit my need I just dont have as many toys as the rest of you :)
then my wife seen that $89 gun cabinet and said "why didnt you get that?" I not sure if I should have just slapped her or not, just said I got one that will last a good while not a cheap one, then in my head I slapped her :s0114:

Any gun safe is better than no safe, but keep in mind, you can get into one of those safes with a hatchet and a few minutes. Not totally secure.

As for the Big 5 garands, stay away. They are beat to within an inch of their lives. Go to a gunshow and pay an extra $100 to get a much better gun.

It's often a case of not how much money you can save but how much money you should spend to get the safe, and the protection, you need. When it comes to protecting the things you care about -- your family, your home, whatever -- I always want to go top of the line, or at least the top that I can afford. If I can get that at a decent value, so much the better. But sometimes a good deal isn't really a good deal -- and in this case, that safe won't afford you the protection you'll want, IMO. Take your time, shop around, and get one that will last.

Any gun safe is better than no safe, but keep in mind, you can get into one of those safes with a hatchet and a few minutes. Not totally secure.

As for the Big 5 garands, stay away. They are beat to within an inch of their lives. Go to a gunshow and pay an extra $100 to get a much better gun.

I don't know if that's true Bear. I have one my farther gave me and it is in fine condition. I bought one from big 5 well before the sale and it is a good quality rifle. No after market parts, good bore, overall a solid rifle and one I can shoot the heck out of with out wearing out the one my Dad gave me.

I would like to see the hatchet that gets into that safe, it's all about effort, noise and time. Simply not going to happen in most cases.

Costco often has some good safes at good prices. Only problem with Costco is that they don't always restock something when they sell all they have.

Bought a safe from them, week later no safes, couple of months later more safes, yesterday no safes....etc etc

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top