JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Gold and Silver Buyers" at 20th and NE Sandy Blvd in Portland seems to be a decent little place. They treated me politely and it was worth the trip. They only want metal that they can melt down, not jewelry to sell used. Generally, they will not buy jewelry unless it has a stamp of its purity from the maker, the caret number. They would not even offer to take my silver as it was artisan stuff without a Sterling purity mark. They can make a rough test for gold caret purity though.

I would guess that almost any local jeweler will eagerly buy used gold and give you a surprisingly high price for it. With market prices for raw gold over fifteen hundred dollars per ounce a jeweler needs to find a cheaper source! Alas, if only I was still fit enough to go back to my old mining claim................................elsullo

Best place to sell: AAA Precious Metals. Ph 503.253.8591 (I've known Joe forever.) Totally honest and accurate. Has the equipment to sort out the various metals and purity.
Buying, (back when it was $500/oz) it's was market plus 5%. I don't know if that's current or what.

Am I to understand that Gold/Silver Buyers on Sandy will buy stamped gold jewelry without testing it? When I was a kid in ATL the crackheads were always trying to sell us 'gold' in parking lots. It was always stamped. I don't know what it was, but it was very rarely ever gold.

I am a buyer with Tory and Jessica at Willamette Valley Books and Bullion. Just made a purchase today. Junk silver at pretty darned close to spot and silver eagles at spot plus $3.50. This isn't a place I've just made 1 purchase with, I am pretty sure I am over a dozen transactions and they actually keep my "list" on file and when something comes in that's on my list, I get a call. Nice folks.

Home <----- Their website here.
603 Main St
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 935-6662

If you want to sell gold, silver or platinum items, one of the best places is Portland Gold Buyers, 971-222-3435. The owner is Oscar. Go to www.PortlandGoldBuyers.com. He gives estimates by phone.

Get price comparisons by the gram. If someone wants you to show up at their office and does not about prices by phone, most likely they will offer you according to your face rather than your materials.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top