JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soo I need a a good site to find Hammer Springs for my S&W 4053. Its currently at 19.5 LBS and I would like to take it down to around 16 or soo.. I found some but they do not fit my gun.. Wat Poundage? lol would you suggest i get? Its a double action only. and with the long trigger pull and the weight in the trigger its hard to be really accurate. :huh:

on wolfs website, they often have the factory spring ratings along with their options. Its a way to see how much lighter or heavier than stock you are changing. there is no common trigger weight to a gun, or "good" weight. It is totally subjective. you will have to experiment to find what is best for YOU. which is kinda fun actually. good luck!

I think maybe happy hour ran late for MarkAd ;). Yes, that's what he meant.

But keep in mind, there's no "free lunch" with balancing forces. The mainspring (I think that is what you are meaning when you say "hammer spring" - the part the stirrup rides within and is in the plunger? S&W calls that the "mainspring") is balanced against the recoil spring, with the hammer and sears being pivots and the cartridge and slide weight being the variables. If you aren't shooting wildly extreme cartridge levels, or lightening your slide appreciably, these should not be messed with. It's a physics equation. Do the math before you waste money on parts that will mess up your gun; or just shoot it as designed. Lots of engineers worked hard to make it as reliable as possible.

Buying a DAO gun means certain compromises were made on your part - among them the trade off of reliable ignition and long pull on each round. Lightening springs will likely result in inconsistent ignition with various primers and loads. So if it's just a range toy, that's fine. If you carry or use the gun as an HD gun, well, you should think about it harder. If what you want is a light-action auto, consider getting a DA/SA auto. I have to paraphrase SaxonPig here, but selling the gun you have and buying the gun you really want is always smarter and vastly cheaper than trying to modify the gun you have into the gun you want.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top