JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thought I would share a good spot I know. It is rite across the Columbia river in Washington from Cascade Locks. Cross the Bridge of the Gods going in to Wa. then go east on HWY 14 a couple of blocks and turn left on the first road you come to. Follow this road up hill all the way to the end. At the end are 2 pits one short range and one long range (100 or so yrds) that has some benches that people have made to use. It can be busy on the weekends and I have seen Washington State Police practice there too. If you go pick up your trash!!

The range with the benches is controlled by the Cascade Sportsmans Club and has a locked gate to control access. The benches and gate were built by the club. This range was closed by the county for about a year due to (you guessed it) abuse by a minority of shooters who hauled all kinds of garbage to shoot up, then left their messes. The rules established by the county for use of the range require that a club range safety officer (RSO) be on site for all shooting. The club RSOs have the key to the gate and announce to club members when the range will be open. Note that use of the range is restricted to members of the club and their guests. If you would like to join the club, it's only $20/year--cheaper than a box of ammo--and the money helps support improvements to the range. To qualify for membership you must be an NRA member and hold a concealed carry permit (WA, OR, whatever) or pay for a background check. The club meets at 7 PM on the first Wednesday of each month at the Skamania PUD building in Carson. Come to a meeting to join. Bottom line, don't expect to be able to drive up to this range anytime and use it, because it may not be open and if it is you will have to be a member of the club or the guest of a member.
Home

Just thought I would share a good spot I know. It is rite across the Columbia river in Washington from Cascade Locks. Cross the Bridge of the Gods going in to Wa. then go east on HWY 14 a couple of blocks and turn left on the first road you come to. Follow this road up hill all the way to the end. At the end are 2 pits one short range and one long range (100 or so yrds) that has some benches that people have made to use. It can be busy on the weekends and I have seen Washington State Police practice there too. If you go pick up your trash!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what I was looking for a year or so ago. I thought it was run by another group after reading about the appleseed event. Am going to look into it.

There will be Appleseeds at the range this year as well. Tentative dates are the first weekends in April, June and August (not firm yet). If you are looking for a local Appleseed, there is one scheduled at Ariel, WA (Wolverton Mt Gun Club) the weekend of Feb 22/23. Project Appleseed - Index. Scroll down to the NW Region 2014 Schedule for more events this year.

The range with the benches is controlled by the Cascade Sportsmans Club and has a locked gate to control access. The benches and gate were built by the club. This range was closed by the county for about a year due to (you guessed it) abuse by a minority of shooters who hauled all kinds of garbage to shoot up, then left their messes. The rules established by the county for use of the range require that a club range safety officer (RSO) be on site for all shooting. The club RSOs have the key to the gate and announce to club members when the range will be open. Note that use of the range is restricted to members of the club and their guests. If you would like to join the club, it's only $20/year--cheaper than a box of ammo--and the money helps support improvements to the range. To qualify for membership you must be an NRA member and hold a concealed carry permit (WA, OR, whatever) or pay for a background check. The club meets at 7 PM on the first Wednesday of each month at the Skamania PUD building in Carson. Come to a meeting to join. Bottom line, don't expect to be able to drive up to this range anytime and use it, because it may not be open and if it is you will have to be a member of the club or the guest of a member.
Home

Good to know, the last time I was up there 9/2011. Since then I am a member of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top