Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good ol' shoot with my dad and sighting in a red dot

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by KONE KILLER, Feb 13, 2012.

1. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Welp, yesterday we had decent enough weather, I wanted to get out and try to sight in my 3rd sight from Primary Arms.

I will start this thread out with a review of that....
    So go back to December... The wife buys me one of their micro green dot reflex sights for xmas. It comes, I am excited to be a pistol sniper!! I try to sight it in on the first outing.... No dice. It shot to the left and low the entire time. I call them up, no problems, they send me another one out right away. It takes a couple weeks to get decent weather enough to go shooting, but I get out with renewed excitement!!
    I fire 3 shots, walk down range to look at the target. High and right, ok... Go back down, go to fire, where did you go lil green dot?!?!?! Swapped out the battery, and good for another two shots, then nothing... I jiggle the battery around a bit, but it has a short in the wire...
    I make another call to PA, the guy is sooo sorry, he is ready to give me my money back, and just felt really bad. I understood, no sweat, stuff happens with electronics. I told him I would give 'em another chance and he said he would send me the fixed base red dot for no additional charge (I think it was like $7 more.).

So yesterday, we got enough of a break in the weather to go blast some paper. I talked my dad into coming out with me for some small cal. fun!
    I run the 22/45 first. Five shots all about 2" low.... Couple clicks to bump it up.. about 1" low... Couple more clicks and BINGO!!!! Right on target!!!!

My dad and I get into a bit of friendly shoots with the 22/45 (he loves that!! Sooo wants one) and the Marlin Mod 60 with the scope! I took him on pretty much all the nearest to the bull shoots we did. I think he got me at the close range pistol shoot by just a bit.

All in all, it was a great time shooting with my dad, and everything went great as far as the sight went!

2. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sounds like more companies should take note of this kind of "customer service"!

3. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good day at the range. Fun stuff.

4. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Yeah, they have customer service second to none from what I have heard around the forums. They will make anything right that they sell, and do it without a hitch unlike a lot of companies... As long as a company doesnt treat me like it is my fault the product didnt work, I dont have a problem with giving them my money. But when I call up a company and they say 'ohh well, sucks to be you!' That is when I smear their bad name across the internet for all to see.

So if you are looking for a sub $100 red dot for a pistol or anything else, give Primary Arms a shot! They are a great small company located in the USA (some of their stuff is made in China though), that takes care of the customer!!!

Rufus, it was a great time! It was the first time that I had gone shooting with my dad in my adult life! Even if I had another bum sight, I would of just took it off and still had a great time!

rufus and (deleted member) like this.