JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[QUOTE="arakboss, post: 2671674, m

It was 20 bucks for many years outside the DEQ zone
This last increases put on us on everything in the last 5 years have been a problem .I always would have a extra back up Rig . Its not worth it .not to mention the plastic bag and the 10 cent dep bottle racket .
Someone is riding on the coat tails of California :eek:

[QUOTE="arakboss, post: 2671674, m

It was 20 bucks for many years outside the DEQ zone
This last increases put on us on everything in the last 5 years have been a problem .I always would have a extra back up Rig . Its not worth it .not to mention the plastic bag and the 10 cent dep bottle racket .
Someone is riding on the coat tails of California :eek:
They are no longer nickle and diming us to death, it's gone way beyond coins these days.

Cut/Paste from wiki: Elizabeth "Betsy" Johnson (born January 12, 1951) is an American politician who serves as a member of the Oregon State Senate, representing the 16th Senate District, which includes the cities of Tillamook, Astoria, St. Helens, and Seaside. Johnson previously served in the Oregon House of Representatives.[3]
Thanks for the clarification! I used to listen to Betsy when she had her Saturday morning talk radio show. She seemed to mention Clatsop county a lot so maybe that's why I associated her with it. Well anyway, go Betsy! I still don't believe that she's a Democrat.

I've been a firearm owner nearly for life, voting Trump, etc, BUT I do not know if I can vote "Yes" to this. I really believe in common sense, and not trying to push everything to the extreme. The only catch I have with this sanctuary law is the clause: Penalties For "4.d Any registration or background check check requirement on firearms...", but 6.a states "protections of this amendment .... do not apply to persons who have been convicted of felony crimes"

How do we know if they are felons without a background check? Can anyone help convince me this is a good thing to vote for?

I've been a firearm owner nearly for life, voting Trump, etc, BUT I do not know if I can vote "Yes" to this. I really believe in common sense, and not trying to push everything to the extreme. The only catch I have with this sanctuary law is the clause: Penalties For "4.d Any registration or background check check requirement on firearms...", but 6.a states "protections of this amendment .... do not apply to persons who have been convicted of felony crimes"

How do we know if they are felons without a background check? Can anyone help convince me this is a good thing to vote for?

It sounds like they want to go back to what it was like before. Your better/best judgement in these cases....

I hope it passes. We need more Counties doing this in both WA and OR!

BTW, welcome to NWFA. :)

Felons don't do BGC's regardless of what law you have in place. Laws are only obeyed by those that choose to do things lawfully...End of story.

It's possible I've been blinded my whole life by media bias. Perhaps a gun store owner or prior owner can comment to this and tell me if background checks have ever turned possible felons away trying to purchase firearms. I work in cyber security and deterrent controls actually work.

Perhaps a gun store owner or prior owner can comment to this and tell me if background checks have ever turned possible felons away trying to purchase firearms.
I'm sure they have, but if you know you're a Felon are you going to chance a BGC? More PSA's advising folks to properly secure their firearms may do more to help then another law that felons will find a workaround for....YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top