JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yet another officer-involved shooting in Minnesota, this time in Burnsville, a suburb on the southern edge of the Twin Cities metro area. I am willing to bet good money there will be no looting, no rioting, no calls for defunding the police (though I would have loved to have seen a social worker dispatched to this one LOL), no community organizers shouting into bullhorns. Target stores in this area can breathe a sigh of relief, they are safe.

Anyone want to take a guess why no liquor stores will be looted?

Oh, and as is the case with the overwhelming majority of police use of lethal force incidents, this guy got what he deserved... my $0.02.
day ded ther jhob lolololol

Antifa still gearing up to cause damage in Portland tonight. The manifesto put out by their clown king, Schmidt, doesn't help matters any.

Glad I don't live in the city.

Pretty telling they automatically jumped to the conclusion the carjacker was black, isn't that the very definition of racism?
"Police killings of black men must stop!!!"

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 4.23.50 PM.png

"Wait....what....he was WHITE???"

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 4.23.34 PM.png

"Oh, never minnnnnnd"

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 4.24.30 PM.png

"Back to Covid reporting..."

And will likely get thrown out on appeal, as it should. No way those charges should stick based on what cam3e out at trial.
Sure the optics looked bad. But justice shouldn't be based on optics.
I wonder where they could find jurors for a retrial after months of the lynch mob attempting to intimidate the country.

Was the verdict just? Not for me to say. Did the jurors have a choice if they wanted to keep their homes and families safe?

Will the burning stop? Will the riot pay (extended unemployment) continue? Will more apple stores burn?

And will likely get thrown out on appeal, as it should. No way those charges should stick based on what cam3e out at trial.
Sure the optics looked bad. But justice shouldn't be based on optics.
His actions were not just out of policy, but demonstrated depraved indifference to human life. George Floyd was a lifelong criminal, a junkie, and a thug. He beat up women (allegedly). Chauvin, on that day, was no better. Regardless of how badly Floyd may have polluted his body that day, there's no way nine minutes of pressure on his carotid didn't lead to his death. Or at least -- if he was suffering a drug overdose -- delay lifesaving treatment, leading to his death. I believe the verdict was correct.

His actions were not just out of policy, but demonstrated depraved indifference to human life. George Floyd was a lifelong criminal, a junkie, and a thug. He beat up women (allegedly). Chauvin, on that day, was no better. Regardless of how badly Floyd may have polluted his body that day, there's no way nine minutes of pressure on his carotid didn't lead to his death. Or at least -- if he was suffering a drug overdose -- delay lifesaving treatment, leading to his death. I believe the verdict was correct.
Well you obviously have only listened to the MSM. Actually read the facts in the case and the OTHER video evidence.
There was no pressure on the carotid. Actually get your facts straight. And if you had listen to the facts the defense presented their was good reason to delay response. The belligerent crowd even delayed the response of the paramedics. It was inheritantly unsafe environment.
He might have been guilty of something but Floyd is responsible for his death (and the drug dealer who interestingly has never been charged for anything!)

Well you obviously have only listened to the MSM. Actually read the facts in the case and the OTHER video evidence.
There was no pressure on the carotid. Actually get your facts straight. And if you had listen to the facts the defense presented their was good reason to delay response. The belligerent crowd even delayed the response of the paramedics. It was inheritantly unsafe environment.
He might have been guilty of something but Floyd is responsible for his death (and the drug dealer who interestingly has never been charged for anything!)

Floyd didn't kneel on his own neck for 9 1/2 minutes. Pretty sure that negates his responsibility for dying that day.

As far as the crowd and the carbon monoxide from the exhaust.......well a quick roll onto his side or even placed in the siting position would have been easily doable. He was crying out that he couldn't breathe, and obviously he couldn't. "Protect and Serve" right?

Well you obviously have only listened to the MSM.
Argumentum ad hominem. I am not the topic of this thread. Please avoid logical fallacies.
Actually read the facts in the case and the OTHER video evidence.
Please cite the specific facts to which you refer.
There was no pressure on the carotid. Actually get your facts straight.
Speaking of facts: The autopsy concluded cause of death to be asphyxia. Please see photos below showing the weight of a grown man on the carotid artery of another man. For NINE MINUTES -- well beyond the time required to gain compliance, which is the sole extent to which police officers are authorized to use force against a citizen.

Carotid.jpg

carotidGeo.jpg

And if you had listen to the facts the defense presented their was good reason to delay response. The belligerent crowd even delayed the response of the paramedics. It was inheritantly unsafe environment.
I may not have stated my position very clearly: Once the officers had our fellow citizen Mr. Floyd splayed out on his belly -- a mere 30 seconds into the nine-minute carotid hold -- they had gained compliance. The next 8:30 was not only out of policy and unnecessary, but constituted the crucial delay to which I referred. In those early minutes, the crowd was still gathering and the cops should have loaded Mr. Floyd in their cruiser and taken him away -- to jail or to meet up with EMS en route were that necessary. MPD policy requires officers on scene to render medical aid if necessary while EMS is en route. Those 8 extra minutes (and change) where Mr. Floyd lay on his belly were crucial minutes to detox. In other words, keeping him physically on the ground unnecessarily... significantly delayed any chance of treatment. It is likely the drugs contributed to his death. It is likely the knee contributed to his death.
He might have been guilty of something but Floyd is responsible for his death
Speculation. We do not know if Mr. Floyd would have died from the drugs in his system alone. What we do know is that his extended restraint prolonged his distress and that it was unnecessary, out-of-policy, and depraved.
(and the drug dealer who interestingly has never been charged for anything!)
Red herring. Off topic.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads