JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello folks,

I have an upper with a 16" barrel. I'd like to get it cut down, and get a flash hider pinned and welded, so it meets the 16" requirement. I enjoy my prison-free lifestyle, so rather than do it myself I'd like to hire it out to someone who can do the job correctly and legally.

Can anyone recommend a good outfit in the Portland area to do the job? I'd like to get it done locally if possible, but I can always send it out to Adco or some such.

Thank y'all very much. Feel free to make fun of me for A) living in Portland, and B) being a mall ninja.

Just curious as to why you want to do this.
Besides cutting off the extra inches, you will need to re-thread the barrel and then pin & weld the flash hider.

Last Edited:
Hello folks,

I have an upper with a 16" barrel. I'd like to get it cut down, and get a flash hider pinned and welded, so it meets the 16" requirement. I enjoy my prison-free lifestyle, so rather than do it myself I'd like to hire it out to someone who can do the job correctly and legally.

Can anyone recommend a good outfit in the Portland area to do the job? I'd like to get it done locally if possible, but I can always send it out to Adco or some such.

Thank y'all very much. Feel free to make fun of me for A) living in Portland, and B) being a mall ninja.

@Velzey, he's in Estacada. :s0155:

Here's an 11.5" cut and crown he did for me on a complete upper. He broke it down, did the cut/thread, then reassembled everything in top-notch fashion.

IMG_2271.JPG IMG_2272.JPG

That upper currently lives on my 80% pistol lower that I recently cut:

IMG_3656.JPG

Last Edited:
Sounds like I better go see Velzey. Sir, I'll pm you directly. I'm told it's good to give you a little warning and not just show up. ;)

As for the why, it's definitely a want-to, and not a need-to. I want to wind up with a smaller overall size, in support of a more discreet discreet case. And I want to be able to mount my bayonet. There, I said it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top