JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get a light and laser combo for my AR. I've seen a lot of recommended pistol style combos in that price range but I haven't been able to find any with a remote switch, recommendations?

I have a crimson trace LINQ SYSTEM on my 300black out but you have to use there grip because it's a wireless blue tooth type linq system and the button is on the grip and it's more than double what you want to spend I think I paid about $500 bucks for mine a year ago

It doesn't have a laser, but I have a really neat little Princeton Tec light, they call it a Switch Rail, on my Mk 18 pistol I'm building. Small enough that you can mount it right under where your thumb naturally rests.

Still need your own laser, but having $150 or so left in budget should go a fair way.
20170826_015155.jpg

I wouldn't want anything with wires or a laser for that matter. The wire remote switches snag on things and are unreliable. The laser gives away your position.
Having been on the wrong side of a laser (airsoft) unless it's extremely dusty/smokey or it's already pointed at you, you can't see it. Not that it matters when you have a bright white light going at the same time.

As for remote switches it depends on how easy it is to access the switch on the unit.
I looked at that a little while ago, too many of the reviews said the light wasn't very bright.

I have a crimson trace LINQ SYSTEM on my 300black out but you have to use there grip because it's a wireless blue tooth type linq system and the button is on the grip and it's more than double what you want to spend I think I paid about $500 bucks for mine a year ago
I've seen those before and it looks like a really cool system and I'm sure it's extremely reliable, but I don't think I could trust anything wireless on my gun.

It doesn't have a laser, but I have a really neat little Princeton Tec light, they call it a Switch Rail, on my Mk 18 pistol I'm building. Small enough that you can mount it right under where your thumb naturally rests.

Still need your own laser, but having $150 or so left in budget should go a fair way.
View attachment 386596
That's interesting, it looks like it would make a good secondary task light, or indoors light. I don't think it would have the throw to be a primary light. Part of my problem is a lack of rail space, I only have space for one accessory.

@Will_White Would you mind posting a pic? Maybe if we can see what you have for space available and where it is maybe we can suggest how to more efficiently use it.

I also noticed that some pistol lasers have a secondary rail on the bottom so you can mount a small accessory on the laser unit too.

I'm waiting for the rail to come, it's a bayonet lug rail ( PM216 ProMag Bayonet Lug Accessory Rail With 1" Sling Loops Aluminium B | eBay ), on a dissipator style upper with a classic handguard.
GG&G also makes a rail that mounts through the top/bottom vents of standard round handguards. Take a look at these for possible additions:
Under Foregrip Picatinny 1913 Rail - Mil-STD Forearm Rail Mount System
ETI UFIR| ETI Under Foregrip Rail For AR-15 Rifle Forearms| GG&G

I've also seen some double- and triple-rail lug-mounts, and front-sight-post mounts, that might also be options. GG&G makes one, but I personally think Command Arms Accessories's version is smoother, cleaner and better looking. If you wanna try one out, I've got one I can't use on the build it was intended for I'd be willing to loan you.

GG&G also makes a rail that mounts through the top/bottom vents of standard round handguards. Take a look at these for possible additions:
Under Foregrip Picatinny 1913 Rail - Mil-STD Forearm Rail Mount System
ETI UFIR| ETI Under Foregrip Rail For AR-15 Rifle Forearms| GG&G

I've also seen some double- and triple-rail lug-mounts, and front-sight-post mounts, that might also be options. GG&G makes one, but I personally think Command Arms Accessories's version is smoother, cleaner and better looking. If you wanna try one out, I've got one I can't use on the build it was intended for I'd be willing to loan you.
I've seen those vent rails, and the gg&g front sight mount, hadn't seen the command arms version it looks pretty high quality, with the price tag to go with it.

Anyone have experience with the streamlight tlr2 with the green laser? Might bump my budget up a little.

Actually, if you buy from CAA direct, especially when they're running a sale, they even beat their own MSRP.
FSM15P - Dual Picatinny Rail Front Sight - AR15/M4

Coupon code CAA10 knocks 10% off--I paid about $10 for the FSM15P rails and $3 each for three rail-mount mag carriers, current direct pricing being around 13.50 and 3.50 respectively--if you borrow mine and like it, I'll let you have it for what I paid plus my shipping getting it to you. Occasionally they drop other sales too, like when they're doing a live Facebook event, the next of which is August 31, 5pm our time.

Actually, if you buy from CAA direct, especially when they're running a sale, they even beat their own MSRP.
FSM15P - Dual Picatinny Rail Front Sight - AR15/M4

Coupon code CAA10 knocks 10% off--I paid about $10 for the FSM15P rails and $3 each for three rail-mount mag carriers, current direct pricing being around 13.50 and 3.50 respectively--if you borrow mine and like it, I'll let you have it for what I paid plus my shipping getting it to you. Occasionally they drop other sales too, like when they're doing a live Facebook event, the next of which is August 31, 5pm our time.
That's a lot more reasonable, google showed $60, I'll have to pick one up Thursday. Another option I've been considering is just a light and a set of night sights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top