Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good leather horizontal shoulder holster rig

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by kickstart my heart, Jan 1, 2014.

1. kickstart my heart

kickstart my heart South King County, WA Active Member

Looking for a really good leather shoulder holster rig for my BHP. I was going to get an El Paso Saddlery Spyder Rig with floral cut pattern, but I've heard mixed customer service reviews on El Paso Saddlery. Purdy Leather makes some really beautiful stuff, but when I spoke to them, it's about $750 for what I'm looking for. I'd like some first hand feed back from guys who own good horizontal shoulder holsters. Thanks!

2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a Galco Miami Classic that I open carried my 1911 in Starbucks today....haha!

I also own a DeSantis that I've owned for years in digicam.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

My Galco Jackass rig is comfortable and packs a full size Government Colt just fine.

4. kickstart my heart

kickstart my heart South King County, WA Active Member

On the Miami an jackass rigs, do they print much? Does the gun and holster move around much walking or bending over?

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

I can secure mine to my belt, but usually don't. They move, but they are under your arm. You will have to wear a vest or light jacket, though. the tee-shirt just shows everything! :laugh:

6. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I am going with El Paso Saddlery. I got mine completely tooled some years ago. 2005 I believe. I had to wait about 5 weeks, but it was worth it.

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I much prefer a vertical rig, much more comfortable and easier to conceal.. another thing ~ with a horizontal you are walking around pointing the muzzle at everyone. In a struggle with an assailant while trying to draw that can be dangerous to you and others. I have an old Mercenary shoulder holster just like the Miami Classic, never wear it these days

http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-v...AEAXw&ef_id=Unx3EgAAAPn6RA2@:20131108053058:s

I bought the 1911 model and it packs a variety of other weapons including BHPs